Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Juraj Griglak

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by daveonbass, Mar 7, 2003.

1. daveonbass

daveonbass

Apr 5, 2001
    Waupun, WI
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland, Hofner, Rotosound
    Being new to this forum I thought I'd just post something to see how it works and also let you know about a bassist and CD that I think is great - possibly some of you are unfamiliar with Juraj Griglak?

http://www.scepan.com/websites/jurajgriglak/

There's clips on his site - his CD 'Bass Friends' is one of my favorite bass CDs of all-time...

:bassist:

2. Le Bump!

I just stumbled upon this 7 mo. old post and thought I'd bring it back to the limelight. Juraj Griglak is quite an accomplished bassist. His fusion work is remarkable. The samples on his website are really worth listening to. His fretless work is.... nice (to say the least). Check him out HERE - navigate your way to the various sound samples (click the "Discography" link then mouse-over the image of the CD), and enjoy!

3. Juraj who? This CD "Bass Friends" by Juraj Griglak MIGHT be the best bass album not fully discovered in the US yet. GREAT bass playing, GREAT tone, the grooves are INFECTIOUS!

[​IMG]

;) Treena

4. daveonbass

daveonbass

Apr 5, 2001
    Waupun, WI
    Hmmm... Where have I read THAT before?: http://www.daveonbass.com/favorites.htm#bass

:D

5. daveonbass

daveonbass

Apr 5, 2001
    Waupun, WI
  6. p58

p58

Dec 17, 2005
    Slovakia
  7. Wow I've never heard of this guy before. This guy has some real talent. Thanks for posting and sharing!! :)

8. Isn't Juraj the guy who really did that song "Power Bass Crunch Time" that was floating around the internet for a while. It credited Les Claypool and Stanley Clarke, but it obviously wasn't them.

9. p58

p58

Dec 17, 2005
    Slovakia
    I really like his playing live. he is very quiet and "shy" guy, but on stage...animal.

10. daveonbass

daveonbass

Apr 5, 2001
    Waupun, WI
    His tone is amazing. Thanks for posting his new site - he seems to move around a lot. Hopefully now that he's got his own domain he'll just stay there for a while. But I can't find any sound clips on his new site, or a place to buy his CD "Bass Friends", which is totally awesome. I'd love to see a new solo CD from him!

:hyper:

11. p58

p58

Dec 17, 2005
    Slovakia
    That CD is hard to buy also here in Slovakia. I would like to hear some new material too...I´ll ask Juraj if I meet him.

12. mstott25

mstott25

Aug 26, 2005
    Guntersville, AL
    I first heard of Juraj in his now infamous Sadowsky Solo clip

I really, really like this guy. He has mad jazz chops and he has an incredible funky feel, the best of both worlds IMO.

I tried looking for some of his music online several times in the past and was never able to find anything in the US. I finally got tired of waiting and decided to send him an email to ask if he knows where anybody in the US can get a hold of his CD "Bass Friends".

Juraj responded with two links, I picked this one because it had the option of using paypal. With Google Translate (the website is in Slovak) it wasn't too difficult and it came out to about $25 shipped.

I'll update this thread when I get the CD and let you guys know if there were any issues.

Juraj has become one of my favorites and I've listened to all of his youtube clips about a thousand times so I needed to get a hold of some of his other music!

13. mstott25

mstott25

Aug 26, 2005
    Guntersville, AL
    I just received the CD this week. It took about 3 months...!

The company I went with was very straight up, they sent me two emails stating that the CD would be delayed and offered to refund my payment. I used paypal for the payment so that was easy, and with Google Translate (yes all the emails were in Slovak) I had no problem interpreting their messages!

Absolutely fantastic playing on this album, I'll be busy learning his lines for a while. Only listened through once so I won't give a full review here but I was looking for his CD for a while and finally bit the bullet and ordered from Slovakia. If anybody else is thinking about the same thing, I just wanted to say I had no problems other than having to be a bit patient.

14. babaseen

babaseen Don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2001
    Boston, MA
    Anyone know where to easily purchase this CD?

15. I just tried the link, but what's up with the amount? 500000 euro's????