Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just a dash of self appraisal

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by olivier, Apr 2, 2004.

1. olivier

olivier

Dec 17, 1999
    Paris, France
    Alright, I've done it. Passed the exam to enter the "second cycle" of music training at my local conservatoire municipal de musique. The programme was a piece in "notation moderne" (Alrune by Alain Feron, for solo contrebasse, version simplifiée), then Elévation by Marc Berthomieu (the first of two short pieces for cello with piano accompagnment), and Capuzzi 1rst movmt in D as a roaring grand finale.
    The jury was rather encouraging my efforts and concurred to recognize that the programme (selected by my DB teacher) was way too advanced for the required level... which did not do me too much good since I took it like I could have played better. Anyho, looking at the bright side of things, I am now a second-cycle student, entitled with the privilege of being allowed to continue DB and jazz-oriented music theory classes at the municipal and yet very noble institution. :p
    Thanks for your attention, back to practice, have a good WE.