Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just a heads up.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by gruffpuppy, May 16, 2001.

1. Don't know if you guys ever use this site
    http://www.expresscomp.com/

It was the only place I could find
    BIlle Nuovo Metodo, Vol.1. My credit card got viewed when I placed my order, and then posted on IRC. Just thought I would give you guys a heads up in case this is a place you have ordered.

Darn I hate when my credit cards have fun without me. :D

2. Hmmm... their security certificate expired a couple months ago. On top of that, I don't see them brandishing approval from any major online security services. Yeah, be wary of places like that.

I was going to tell you Lemur has the same stuff and better online security, but they don't list volume numbers. Grrr...Shar perhaps? Yep, but Lemur would be cheaper if you knew which volume was which... The perils of looking for bass supplies/music. You're either ordering from someone's basement, from a store that has other things to do than run a consistent website, or from a place that'll rob you blind for the convenience of not having to order from someone's basement.

My wife tells me of a gargantuan sheet music store in Portland, OR that has every title you could imagine. I dream daily of sojourning to this Mecca...