just a little story that made me feel a little sick :)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Si-bob, Mar 21, 2002.

1. i just fiinshed a bass lesson, so i thought i'd share a story that my bass teacher told me. He brought around his 80's Warwick neck-thru thumb 6string, like he normally does, but this time i asked to try it, while i was fiddling with ghost noted modes and stuff, he was telling me that it costs about £3000, but he actually got it for free!!!!!!! :eek:
    it turns out that he went into some shop which was owned by a warwick representative to have his old 5 string serviced, while he was waiting for his drummer friend (who was with him), he started playing on one of the warwicks on the wall, the reprasentatiev was so impressed he asked who he played for, now at the time he wasn't really playing fer anyone famous (he's a session player), but the guy was still very impressed. Now, the warwick guy sais to my teacher, " i gotta keep yer bas in fer a couple of days" and asks if theres anything he could do fer him, my teacher then jokingly said "gimme a 6 string".........so the guy sais "OK", takes him into the warehouse out back, which was lined with every kind of warwick and sais "pick one"
    so he did :)

now i gotta go find that shop, and go a impress them :)

in case anyones interested my teacher is a guy called Lincoln Anderson, black guy, longish braided hair, plays around london and fer Cockney Rebel
  2. Prague77

Aug 20, 2001
    Waco, TX
    hey i went into a music store and was asked who i played for...and i didnt get anything!! :) hehe
    thats one sweet story though.
  3. yeah, and now i also know why people say the older warwicks are better then the more recent ones. The newer ones r nicer, but my teachers early 80's one is a dream to play, easiest 6er i ever played!