Just a matter of time...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mr.QuakQuak, May 19, 2004.

1. I have my road test today for my provisional license. 1pm today and it's 11:16 am now. I leave for it at 12:00pm. If I fail I'm going to beat my own arse when I get home.

Nervous, must not wet myself. Argg. I should have taken it in October when I turned 17. Damn my stupidity.
  2. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    Don't sweat it man... if ya play bass you can drive..... you do play bass right?
  3. One year and 5 months. 6 months of lessons.
  4. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    You'll do fine man, just think before you make a decision.

Don't sweat the parking either.

Good luck, report back....mmmmmkay
  5. I'm good at it all. I really don't know why but the blunt of this just hit me and I'm nervous :-/
  6. When I took the actual written test for my permit I got a 98. Never told me what I did wrong on that damn test.
  7. time for me to shut the computer down and get myself mentally ready. Maybe I'll meditate.
  8. Guess what !!

I made a left turn into the left lane because I was so nervous. I guess I'm european now. 2 weeks till the retry.
  9. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Sorry the test didn't go well. What's a "provisional license"?
  10. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    no worries...you'll do fine. think nervousness is pretty natural behind the wheel. I get all tense when cops pull up behind me---no matter when/where...and it probably makes me a less relaxed and less attentive driver.

kick booty in 2 weeks! :hyper:
  11. Got it scheduled for June 6th 11 A.M.

If I f0k up I'll run myself over.

I even drove on teh highway there and back. **** my lack of confidence god damnit >< I'm so pissed off at myself. Wish I was one to blame other people.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

I know how difficult this is, i had to take my road test 3 times and each time i failed i felt the same way you did. Next time go in with assurence of your self and the confidence that you know you can achieve your objective.If you find your self getting fustrated over your mistakes play some bass.
  13. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
  14. Provisional license is vetween the ages of 17-18.

Pretty much only one non-family member in the car and you can only be on the road from 6am to 12am, or it's 5am to 11pm.
  15. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay, I've heard that they have this now a lot of places (I think we might have it here) I would have hated this when I was 16!
  16. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i'm 17 and i have the provisional license. it sucks. it always makes things so difficult.

don't worry quackquack, you'll do better next time
  17. Thank you all for the support. It is my fault I messed up though because he said, "Treat it as if it was two way traffic." And I went too far into the left. As long as I get the "two way traffic" jammed in my head I'll be fine, but having no lines doesn't help much....
  18. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

Wanna know what my only marks were on my test? Running yellows.

Yet i still passed...
  19. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Ha, provisional liscenses... ha. Here, it's 16, and no stupid rules like "one non-family member" and "in before midnight" rules....I'll stuff 9 people in my Mazda and drive around at 3 am....