Just-A-Nut II Problems

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by warwickbass, Nov 3, 2003.

1. warwickbass

Dec 8, 2001
    For the seccond time now i have broken one of the little pegs that are on either side of the Just-A-Nut II. It seems to me that their only purpose is to keep the nut from going to high, and dosnt affect performance at all, but its kinda crappy. When i did it to my 4str thumb bo it was because i didnt know anything about the bass at the time (newbie) and when i was taking the strings off the last to go was the G string and the preasure flipped the nut over flinging it accross the room, and snaped the peg off. This time its my 5str thumb bo, and im not even sure how it happened, its not broken all the way off, but its just hangin on by a thread. I know the first time it happened was purely because i didnt have a clue, but I have been carefull ever since. It seems to me that they should have taken a little more time to make sure that they were a little more stable. Otherwise i really dont have a problem with the Just-A-Nut II, does its job well enough, granted the old one is better, but this one is better than most nuts ive seen, flawed as it is... anyone else had this problem?