Just a small wish.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Big Dane, Feb 18, 2001.

1. Big Dane

Big Dane

Apr 5, 2000
    1.) A U.S. Spector NS-4 in Red Stain.
    2.) A U.S. Spector NS-5XL in Teal Stain.
    3.) A U.S. Spector NS-6XL in Black Holoflash (for ****s and giggles).
    4.) a. Hartke 4200 Pro. Series.
    b. Another 4200 Pro. Series.
    5.) Hartke Model 7000 Amp.
    6.) Last but not least, a Fender Big Dane Series P-Bass (it would be kinda cool).

Well, I think that about covers it.
  2. hmm, all I want is an ampeg BA-115, and a conklin GT7, ampeg 8x10 cab, and a 72-76 tele, yup, that about covers it.
  3. Nails

Jun 4, 2000
    Austin, Tejas
    I want a Spector NS5 in Black Cherry. After that it would be a Mac and ProTools. A Les Paul (with PAF57s) would be nice also.
  4. alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    All I want is something different. Maybe a Cort Curbow 6. Hey it even fits my budget.
  5. i want a stingray in transparent orange, a maple fretboard, and a black pickguard.

i accept cash and/or checks :D
  6. Lance Jaegan

Lance Jaegan

Dec 23, 2000
    Wish lists eh? Well lets see...

1. I want better relative pitch. (naming intervals, etc.)
    2. Better understanding of different rhythmic feels, especially that afro-cuban stuff.
    3. Wait, this is about gear isn't it? Well, uh, I guess my $100 Samick bass could use some new tuners. The ones on it suck, and it's really annoying to tune up with them, but the bass itself rules! For some reason, it's playability is soooo superb, although I should get around to dressing its frets. D string has 2 buzzes, right at the D#'s oddly enough, but the rest is pretty good.

Well, lets see, decent set of tuners from Carvin would cost me $30 which is no problem, so that's solved, and I guess waiting will fill, as far as the rest goes. More practice, less gear!
  7. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    you are completely right Lance! for myself i have to say that i fell great when i play my 50$ old eko bass. but i have to admit that the gibson eb2 from the '67 in that shop is calling me....
  8. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Hey!!! That's my bass you're talking about!:eek: Watch it, buddy:D LOL!!!
  9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

To have every one of my old basses back, and to have my old silverface Bassman 10 back.

Perfect pitch.

Perfect understanding of theory.
  10. Perfect time.

Perfect pitch AND relative pitch.

MTD 635 with tulipwood body, burl myrtle top, wenge neck and fingerboard
    Chapman Stick Bass, paduak

Not too much, is it?
  11. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    to be able to forget all my classical and jazz theory training more often and just BLOW...playingwise that is.

oh, and an emperor elite II.

that's all...oh and maybe a cherry quilt topped LEGACY ELITE!!

hmm...elites elites...

12. red_rhino

red_rhino Gold Supporting Member

Wish list? Why would I need anything else? I already have everything I want. I can't think of one piece of gear that I desire or need. When I go to music stores these days, it's just to look at the stuff I'm NOT going to buy. Everything's already perfect, and there is nothing I'm lusting after.

Anybody buying this? If so, please let me know. I'm planning to use it this weekend when my wife asks "You're not going to buy anything while you're at the music store, are you?". ;)

13. Spector 20th Anniversary
    Spector Pre-Kramer
    Spector US (Post Kramer) magenta stain NS-5 w/piezo
    Band members that are near sane!!!
  14. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Lets see here:

I would like to trade my Carvin Cyclops for the RC210 instead and get the 1x18 for it.

I am presently satisfied with my basses.

I would like to pickup an American made Fender Strat and a Gibson Les Paul.

I would like a better sound card in my PC so that my Vegas recordings would come out more clear.

I would like my guitarist to get his ass in gear and start showing up to band practices more than once a quarter. I would like to find a drummer. I would like to take lessons and learn how to properly sing. I would also like to get a lead singer.

I want to learn to read notation.

Is that asking too much? :)
  15. i want to get laid

oh feck that, a nice 5 string willl do
  16. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Old Ampeg B15 flip top for the Studio would be nice.
    A nice G&L or MusicMan fretless would be cool.
    A SVT 810 cab to go with my SVT Classic head.
    And the list goes on get the Doans GAS pills I'm having a attack :eek:
  17. Tuomas

Mar 14, 2000
    Helsinki, Finland
    I want a nuclear submarine!

and a alembic series I bass would also be highly appreciated.