Just a stupid question....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Optimus Prime, Jun 9, 2002.

1. If you want a bass with great slapping tone, but also that deep jazz sound, which bass is better; Musicman Stingray 4 or Fender American Jazz Bass 4?
  2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    How about both....

Lakland 4-94 ot 4-02?

Personally I like the Jazzes better. They have a great sound for all types of music, different styles of playing, etc. But so do MusicMans. They've both stood the test of time as Leo's great creations.
  3. Pre EB

Pre EB

Mar 15, 2002
    Denton, Tx
    How do you like your Warmoth Jazz 5? That is a beautiful bass! I'm totally itching for a five and My brother has had great results with a Warmoth neck on his P-Bass. To set something like that up, would the price be around a MM5 or a G&L? I want something that not only sounds great, but MAKES me want to play it. I can't buy something just to look at it- I want to buy something for keeps like my Music Man. BTW, I'm borrowing my brother's EB Stingray 4 while mine is being set up, and the tone is nowhere in the league of my Stingray. It HAS to sound as good or I'll be very unhappy.
    Let me know,
  4. eric atkinson

eric atkinson "Is our children learning "Is our teachers teachin

Feb 4, 2001
    I know its not one of your choices but id really look into a spector europe model or a usa model!