just a thought......

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by only4him012, Nov 27, 2002.

1. only4him012

Nov 11, 2002
    why would there be more precision bass that i can find than jazz bass at ebay? p-bass isn't welcomed more than jazz basses?.....i don't know~:D
  2. Walbassman

Nov 27, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Jazz basses seem to be a lot more common and they have definitely enjoyed a real outpouring the last 15 yrs or so...:rolleyes:
  3. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    It's simple. Some people just can't handle a P. Wimps.
  4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    I guess less people prefer a car that just goes straight to a car that can go straight AND turn left or right.
  5. DaveDrummer

Nov 2, 2002
    Ive noticed that also. Jazz basses are being sold more and more frequently. Jazz will be around a real real long time, and most of the basses nowadays can do jazz without being specially designed for it. O well
  6. WinterBass

May 19, 2002
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Endorsing Artist: MTD
    I would think that people may hold onto their Jazz basses because they have more tonal variations and may be easier to play due to the thinner neck (that depends on hand size).

I have a '65 Precision and 2 Jazz basses a '73 and a '78. They all sound great. Each bass has their own personality. I mainly use them for recording now, or a good old fashioned Blues gig.
  7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Psh. Turn Freak.