Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

just a word to all

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by morningdove, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i just want to take this time to express my thoughts. i want everyone who is military and who has family or friends in the military to know that these people are in my thoughts. many tears will be shed the day they leave or have left. just know that i am thankful for all of you and will pray everyday for each and every one of you. you will never be far from my thoughts while you are dealing with this. i am having a hard time with this as i am affected personally also with this. my support for each and everyone of you will always be there. my heart goes out to all. i am not saying what i want to. the words are not coming out right. however, i think you all know what i mean.
    I AM SO VERY PROUD OF YOU ALL.
    :( :)

2. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Uh, what?

3. Benbass

Benbass

Jan 28, 2002
    Kansas
    Yes it's true. There are so many good men and women who have put themselves in danger for my freedom and the freedom of the United States. Thanks to all our soldiers and their families. You're the reason we are blessed with so many rights. I know there are some military peoples here. Thanks to you!!

4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Oh, it's morningdove, must be an off topic thread.......Uhh yep, it doesnt have anything to do with bass playing. off topic,,,

Yes, the brave men. Crush the other people who are saying in their country right now "Those brave men,...".......

I'm not picking sides or anything, war in general seems very stupid, but it's an evil we all have to live with. I think it all started with a kid that had a bb gun, then the other kids had to get bb guns to protect themselves, and then everything went strait to hell.

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    actually, in this case it started with a guy who committed his first murder by the age of 16, murdered his way into power in a bloody coup, and then executed the members of his supporting party who he decided might rise up against him.

http://www.worldhistory.com/hussein.htm

http://history1900s.about.com/cs/husseinsaddam/

get with the real world, kiddo. not everybody has a game cube and parents who love and coddle them and wipe their noses for them. saddam hussein was taught from when he was little that the only way to survive in the world was through violence and brutality, and he found out at an early age that he liked it.

also, all the pundits screaming about this being "george bush's war", pay special attention to the date - "29 September 1998" . who was president then?

6. superfreak

superfreak Unregistered

Aug 18, 2002
    Clarksville, TN
    Her husband is in the military, and just received orders to leave for Iraq. Can't you please, re-read her post, as she is upset, and cannot express her feelings correctly. What she needs now is the show of support that TB has issued to everyone else. I understand your views on war, but it is an ugly truth that we have to live with. Right now, can you not just give her your support on a very trying time she is going through? Think about it. If not, please, keep your sarcastic comments to yourself.

Sorry to everyone else, I just couldn't hold it in.

:rolleyes:

7. basspro2

basspro2 I'm seeing Gorillas...

Apr 6, 2002
    Northbridge, Mass
    Superfreak And J.T -- Right on!!!

8. TxBass

TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    morningdove: stay strong. I will add you to our prayer chain--
    These men and women need our support right now not our opinions. I've said this before on here, most soldiers/airmen/marines/sailors don't want a war anymore than anyone else does, but they see it as their duty.
    This is their job, their calling. The least we can do is show support for them as fellow Americans.

9. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Some people just don't know when to SHUT THE **** UP!

My prayers are with you and your family, MD.

You are definitely appreciated.

Pkr2

10. Yep looks better in bold font.

11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I'm with you morningdove.

I'm not with you, PollyBass.

12. Brooks

Brooks

Apr 4, 2000
    Middle East
    You'll excuse me if I say that instead of praying for poor american paid soldiers I'll pray for my own family. Here we are, in Kuwait, wondering what might be dropped on our heads. Between Saddam, 'friendly fire', and 'collateral damage' that's about all I can worry about right now.

13. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    And some people don't know when to talk.
    Wasent out to make any enemys.

I'll refrain from posting here. I'm sorry.
    But I still stand by what i said.

14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Kids ...

15. *sigh*....war...

I hope everyone makes it back alright. But, until then, take care MorningDove! Worrying won't make things better, try to stay positive and things will be alright.

"When things are going down, you wanna pick 'em up, why don'tcha try and do what I do, way I know to get you out of a slump is to listen to music that puts a smile on your face."

-SHJ

16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Boo Pollybass... get off the stage!

MD, sorry about him. I agree, it's amazing that people are willing to put their lives on the line to protect our country. There are a few things I don't agree with in this whole war situation. I don't believe we should be jumping in just yet, I haven't seen any real proof yet. From what I understand from Colin Powell, we want war because Saddam will blow us up with these weapons that we can't find when we are at a weaker point. I am not up on the issues, but this is what I understand at this point. But I agree, we have some brave men/women in this country. :)

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I agree with Morningdove. My job is serving kids as a social worker at a middle school. That middle school just happens to be located in a town that is home to the largest military base in the free world (Killeen, TX - Ft. Hood). MANY of my kids have parents, and some of them single parents, who are in the military. Last week I received a memo from Ft. Hood that starting in mid-February through mid-March they will be shipping out 2000 troops a day. This will leave many of these kids parent-less. This is going to be absolutely devestating to many of my kids, especially for those whose parents might not return. It honestly brings tears to my eyes now to think about it and I feel for you, morningdove. My prayers are with these kids and the families of troops. I pray for innocents in Iraq as well. Every war has innocent victims from both sides.

brad cook

18. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Stupidmatt,

just a quick aside...read this interview for some interesting info:

http://www.casi.org.uk/discuss/1998/msg00337.html

It's older but still applies. See my Scott Ritter thread in OT for more info.

Sorry about the tangent ya'll!

brad cook

19. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    if you're going to pray, why don't you pray for all the poor souls that have to be involved in this. the ones that stand the most to lose have the least to gain.

20. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Sorry to continue to get this thread off topic but: They didn't find weapons, but they found that Iraq was lying about missles launched, etc? I didn't read it all... I get bored really easily ;) If so... is this reason for war?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.