Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

just about done... Check out the first song I will send to MP3.COM!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Gabu, May 17, 2001.

1. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    I actually am going to replay all the tracks and resing it... but it is pretty much complete now with the drum track jazzed up a bit from before. Please tell me your thoughts and feel free to post your MP3.COM or soon to be MP3.COM links too!!

This is also a true story from when me and my wife went to San Francisco, by the way.

WARNING: There is some profanity in this song, so if you don't like that... you are forewarned. :)

http://www.inet1.org/exsane/songs/newfivegoldenrings.mp3

Thanks for listening!!

2. anon5458975

anon5458975

Apr 5, 2001
    I don't think the link is working Gabu. It could be my browser though, I'm not sure?

3. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    It just worked for me... I think my host provider might be congested... give it a go again, it should be fine. Thanks for checking it out!!

Gabriel

4. anon5458975

anon5458975

Apr 5, 2001
    Damn, this is wierd. When I click the link my broswer (IE5) opens a new window but nothing loads, it's just a blank screen. I tried getting there from the link and your sig too. That link to your site worked, I went to the songs section, clicked on the Five Golden Rings song and got the blank window again. I tried checking out all of the other songs too and came up with the blank screen as well. Maybe I'm missing a plugin, I'm at a loss?

As soon as I figure out what the problem is I'll definitely check out the songs.

5. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Do you have a mp3 player?

If not, You can download the windows media player from microsoft for free and it works pretty good. :)

G'luck. :D

6. anon5458975

anon5458975

Apr 5, 2001
    Yeah, I have RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, probably a couple others somewhere on this comp too :)

That's why I'm so confused?

Sorry to fill your up your thread with all of this, I'm working on figuring the problem out. I'll try again later today bro.

7. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    The download works for me. :cool:

As always, I see the bad things immediately - the good things will come to me after a while.

1) I didn't like the song... well... nothing you can do about it, it's just me.
    2) 16 kbps? You have to make your MP3 128 kbps @ 44 kHz before you send them to MP3.com, I hope you know that. And do not forget to fill out the ID3 tags, either.
    3) There's some heavy pops in the vocals... do you have a "pop killer" for the mic? If not, buy one. :)

One of these days I will release my own music as well... I just have a lot of gear to purchase before that... oh, the GAS.

8. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    :D Cool beans - Honesty is the only way to learn! 16kb is just to keep it small on my website. :) I actually did not know I needed to fill out the signed thing. It's my first time getting ready for something like this. Yeah, the lyrics are fuzzy and will be redone. I actually am going to redo all the tracks but the drums. (because of mistakes here and there) I am hoping the the lyrics sound better this time. I bought a "condenser MIC" from Sony. Before I was using a free MIC I got from a Japanese tutorial program. :p Thanks for listening!!

9. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    No problem, and I'm actually starting to like the song more each time I hear it.
    Condenser mic, eh? Then you NEED a "pop killer"! You can easily make one out of a coat hanger and some nylon stockings (sure your wifey doesn't mind? ;)).

[​IMG]

The above is a "professional" one as sold in stores. Anyway, it will help you a lot with the vocals bit. :)

10. Not bad, I agree with Oyster you need to kill the peaks. Other than that it gets better every listen.

You ever listen to The Jim Carroll Band?

11. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Thanks guys! Regarding Jim: Not yet... does he have a website?

12. Info about Jim can be found at
    http://www.catholicboy.com/

He had a couple of hits and is a good book writer.

:D

13. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Pretty cool! I dig that guys stuff (at least his samples!) I am going thorugh his website a bit at a time.. that thing is monsterous. :D

14. Yea it is a huge site, my favorite tune by him is called "It's to late" off of his catholic boy disk. I don't know why but I couldn't find it on his site, the song has a killer bass line. Don't know why I brought it up but why I heard your song it remided me of the same rawness that the Jim Carrol band had, which is not present enough in music these days.

Keep up the good work. :)