Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just another Spector question....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Shandon, May 14, 2003.

1. Ok, I know spectors are awesome basses, I have a Q6, and it's a great bass, but I was just wondering why don't they make 6 string Euro Models, b/c I really can't afford a U.S. bolt-on and esp a neck-thru and I don't fancy used basses. Although, if there are a such thing, how would I go about getting one?

2. I don't think they make 6 string Czech's because it wouldn't be worth the costs of modifying their Czech factory. You have to remember these things are 'hand-crafted' - made on machines. Perhaps updating the machinery in the Czech factory is just not cost-effective for Stuart. You can get a U.S. Bolt on 6 for a few hundred more, so it's not a huge gap in the Spector product diversity. Up until recently, they didn't even make fretless Czechtors - now they're a great option for the first 'nice' fretless.

Me, I'm going US Bolt-on five for my first fretless.

3. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    USA Bolt on NS-JH5CM:
    List:$2,699.00 Cost ~1899

Czech Neck thru NS-5CR:
    List:$2,199.00 Cost ~$1549

If they were to make a Czeck 6 string, the price difference would be comperable. Also the NS-JH6 (ash body in Antural only) is $2699/$1899 & the NS-JH6CM (Figured maple body w/more color options) is $2899/$1999.

The USA Bolt on 6 might be more in your price range than you think.