just appeared buzz

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bassist4ever, Mar 18, 2002.

1. okay tonight whilst i was playing i noticed a slight buzz above the9th fret... it wasnt there yesterday. cuz play ascale there and i would have noticed it...

could the neck have slightly swollen due to the rain we're recieveing currently or what?

and dont tell me it needs a fret job...... brand spankin new... and they are level i checked with a ruler.

and its only on the D string...
  2. would a bent string do it? cuz i noticed when i was adjusting the truss rod that the string is slightly bent around the 9th fret.
  3. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    It is very possible that the humidity could have caused the neck to move. That is quite common and is likely the cause. You can raise your saddle a bit to compensate if it bugs you.

A bent string? :confused:

strings are flexible, and the tension of them being tuned to pitch should prevent any "bend." Is there perhaps a kink in it or something else?

4. yeah the string kind of has a small sharp bend in it when ther is no tension on it like when adjusting the truss rod it looks kin of like this... just not as sharp a bend ---^---
  5. Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    Probably weather...I do adjustments on my Rick, I had to raise both the bridge and adjust the truss rod to eliminate buzz, then it got cold and rainy again, and now I have a really high actions...very UNPLEASANT

[EDIT] Merls: just made a small lets say grammatical change.
  6. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    it probably would be better not to use the word gay to describe an unpleasant situation around here...:rolleyes: