Just auditioned for Lady Gaga's 2010 world tour....

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Mitchthebassplayer, Jan 19, 2010.

1. i don't care how "talented" she is - her musical product is the pits by any standard

2. french, german, italian.

you have a point about the double meaning though

3. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    Makes Sense, Kern does a lot of those types of gig's although usually as a MD

4. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt

Sep 20, 2000
    Nashville,TN
    Endorsing Artist: Kiesel, Carvin, Accuracy, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    Just goes to show-they probably had him in mind before anyone was having to jump through those hoops at S.I.R.
    I love this business!

5. AltGrendel

AltGrendel Squire Jag SS fan.

May 21, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic USA.
    Meh, say what you want.

She's laughing all the way to the bank.

6. DavidE

DavidE

Feb 7, 2010
    She has a lot of piano and vocal talent. I'm more curious to see what she's going to do when she shakes this Gaga persona.

7. Flipper43

Flipper43

Sep 7, 2009
    Man, i hate Lady Gaga and all the music today. Jam and lip syncing are the stupidest things ever to roam the earth, but people are just in it for the money these days; there's no soul, talent, or passion, and it makes me want to kill someone. This is why i stick to underground music; it's real, you don't have to worry about anyone at a major label changing your whole record around because it won't get sales, and you can play live as a band without having to "jam-sync" or lip-sync. God, i could rant for hours, but it's too much to say, and I'm way too opinionated about that stuff.. :mad:

8. Flipper43

Flipper43

Sep 7, 2009
    I think she might just go down the whole, she's a trend, like the jonas brothers, and look at them now. They're almost forgotten about, except for those little fan-girls. Another thing about Lady Gaga that i hate is that she thinks she's a gay icon. Now, i'm in total support of gay people, but she can't just start saying that she's an icon for that stuff! It's ****ing ridiculous!

9. gribuski

gribuski

Aug 7, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    Awesome. I knew I stuck with this thread for a reason.

I laughed out loud when I read your comment. It's one of the randomest things I've seen in a while. And the article. Man, there's some weird people out there.

To the point of the thread: if offered the gig, I'd do it. I'd be better off financially for it than I am now, and get to play in front of some big crowds.

Edit: Also, PLEASE read the comments on the Illuminati article. Fascinating.

10. shaboda

shaboda

Apr 14, 2002
    lady gaga is a dude anyway.... she tucks her junk.

11. Flipper43

Flipper43

Sep 7, 2009
    Couldn't agree more. +20 :D

12. rosanne

rosanne

Sep 30, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    I went onto that site and it froze my computer.

13. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    you'd hit it and love it.

14. shaboda

shaboda

Apr 14, 2002
    knock yourself out... i'll pass. You must be into that Crying Game stuff.

15. All business, all life, works off the back of relationships. It's just that lots of people don't want to handle that insight. It's not about being fair or unfair, it's about how we behave. "It's all about knowing the right people," is a matra losers use when they lose. It's actually about getting to know lots of the right people and if you're not good at it, you'll need to have someone riding point for you on that one. If nobody's doing the meetings and relationship buildings, you're going to be very hungry.

"This business is all about relationships. No relationship, no business." Quote from the character, Dickie Fox, in the film "Jerry MaGuire". It's just so true - but ignored by so many.

16. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Inactive

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Lies.

You'd take a ride on her disco stick.

17. shaboda

shaboda

Apr 14, 2002
    Wow, you're into crossdressers?? :D

18. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt

Sep 20, 2000
    Nashville,TN
    Endorsing Artist: Kiesel, Carvin, Accuracy, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    Just saw them on The Today Show. Nothing visually remarkable about the band-could be any band like J Lo, Taylor Swift, et al. Lotsa dancers.
    As for her, she sings (syncs) better than Taylor Swift, is not particularly pretty but is striking in the way some actresses are. Her best asset seems to be her attitude. I felt like I was watching Madonna Lite.
    The band was playing-I heard some cool fills coming from Kern's 5 string Warwick. He also doubled on keys. If you're looking for a Pop tour that may be de riguer these days.

19. plangentmusic

plangentmusic Inactive

Jun 30, 2010
    Manhattan
    It's show biz bro. People want to see as well as hear. Can't blame them.

20. Jim Dep

Jim Dep

Dec 30, 2009
    This is how the music business has "evolved". Wow...sigh...

It's like dredging the river for slugs.

IMO, MTV was the worst thing that happened to the music business.

Rise above and move on. Good Luck with future "real" auditions!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 22, 2021