Just becoming active on Talk bass

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Colonel Clank, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Colonel Clank

Colonel Clank

Mar 8, 2012
    NYC
    I'd like to introduce myself to everyone here on TB. I've been dabbling in music and musical instruments for about 30 years. I caught the Spector bug after playing my friend's (Wimbish, 5lx and an '87 Ns2a) and bought my own Ns2a a couple years ago. I can read schematics and am handy with a multimeter and soldering iron. I do all my own work on guitars and basses and have been successful at fixing/light modding my guitar amps. I enjoy reading the threads here and hope I can add some value in the future -CC

2. Welcome. Always room for a soldering iron guy.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  3. Colonel Clank

Colonel Clank

Mar 8, 2012
    NYC
    Thanks man!

4. Welcome. The soldering iron always comes in handy, just ditch the chainsaw.

Colonel Clank likes this.
  5. Colonel Clank

Colonel Clank

Mar 8, 2012
    NYC
    The chainsaw is the most analog of the luthiers tools.....

jamro217 likes this.
  6. Originally it was meant as a joke regarding the hacking up of vintage instruments, then the concept of the chainsaw felling the tree which provided the wood from which the bass was built... Funny how things that are meant to be funny turn out not to be funny, but meaningful. HA!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021