1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just blew the tweeter in my Markbass combo. Help.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fender4Me, May 28, 2011.

1. Well, I have read thast this has been an issue but it foinally happened to me. I have a 1x12 markbass combo that just blew the tweeter. What are my options? Can I just leave the tweeter unpluged? Are there better replacments on the market? Thanks!

2. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    If it's the piezo tweeter everybody's having problems with you can just disconnect it and keep playing. The 12 is already getting a full signal, there is no crossover. Leave the blown tweeter in there just to plug the hole so it doesn't throw off the box tuning for the 12.

3. philtoler

philtoler

Dec 3, 2009
    I also blew a Markbass tweeter on my Mini CMD121P and previously one retro-fitted to my Ashdown ABM combo. To try and stop the problem once and for all I built myself a separate dedicated HF horn unit comprising a smal cab 13" wide by 7" high by 9" deep, fitted with an Eminence APT150 super tweeter and an Eminence px23k5 crossover unit. It works really well. I have been using it regularly for months now with my Orange TB500 and SP210 cab. The crossover stops high power low frequency damaging the tweeter, and also has a dial to regulate the amount of power fed into the tweeter, from zero to full on (quite loud even at moderate power levels). The crossover has 2 x speakons and 2 x 1/4" jack sockets. As a bonus it also makes a good PA system.