1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just bought a Fender BXR Dual 400 head and have questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by elvisart, Jul 30, 2013.

1. elvisart

elvisart

Jul 30, 2013
    I normally play through a carvin 1-15" and carvin 2-10" cabs, my old head was a Kustom 250. With the Fender it offers biamping, and I was wondering if I should biamp with the 15 for the lows and the 2-10" for mids and highs? I'm kinda hoping for a Entwhistlesque sound by biamping, or should I just run full range? The eq on this this is great, so I know I can tweak the sound i get out of it pretty well.
    Also, if anyone has experience with this amp, please offer any advice or suggestions you may have. I started playing bass back in the 80's, then switched to guitar, and am now back on bass and having a blast!
    Thanks!

2. Your cabs are designed for full range, so bi-amping is a waste, and will actually result in less output.

Additionally, all you need to carry the mid/high end with a 15" is a single 6" mid driver. If you want to carry around a 2X10 to do the job of a single 6", more power to you.

3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    +1 bi-amping 2 full range cabs is a waste of power. Read the faq's and stickies to learn how bass gear works, and clear up a few misconceptions and myths that won't die.