Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

just bought a lightwave on ebay

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jobu3, Aug 16, 2003.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    [​IMG]

saw the price and decided to take the plunge! they look great and if it sounds half as good as they hype it up, it should be a worthwhile purchase... time will tell i guess, and more to come when it actually arrives and i take 'er for a spin.

:bassist:

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    WHatd you pay?

3. Hubba hubba, not bad. I'll trade you my six string, with Magnetic! pickups!

:D :D :D

4. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Aw Man! Hope that's for real! I thought a Lightwave would cost a Lot more.:eek:

5. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    ive seen used ones go for $950 or so

thats a nice price and bass!!!

steve

6. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Looks like they've got another 5-string... I'M GOING FOR IT! (Cover Me!):p

(Lord, I hope this ain't a rip...):eek:

7. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    It Came. Has a real growly, orgasmic sound. Needs a setup, but still sounds good. I'm not sure about these tuners, but I'm happy so far.:D
    [​IMG]

8. slowburnaz

slowburnaz

Mar 27, 2002
    Tucson, AZ
    SOUND CLIPS, SOUND CLIPS!!! :D :p

9. Cool bass and a great price. I played a fretless 5 one of those a couple of months back and loved the sound- new in store was $950. My only gripe with it was that it was a bit heavy in the headstock- divey it was. But with a strap may not have been a problem. Anyway, nice steal. Congrats.

10. Yes, sound clips! :D

11. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    well, i paid with paypal on saturday and he did not ship it until thursday (it is due monday) so i am getting a little impatient here. i was hoping to have it for the weekend, but oh well... :spit:

anyone know of an easy cheap way too post sound clips? i don't have any digital recording capabilities and i'm not exactly computer savvy. :confused:

12. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com

Thats an amazing price! I've been talking to lightwave about a unit for a Custom SC Benavente Double neck for NAMM and the fretless 5 was going to have the lightwave on it. They wanted $414 OEM for the unit alone!!!

I'm not sure how to take the blow out pricing on ebay.........makes me think of the cort elrick blow out prices...........

13. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN

WHAT!!!!

14. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com

What part are you questioning?

There are a number of lightwaves on ebay right now being blown out. I'm not sure who's selling them, if its lightwave or someone else.

You can ask Adrian (accessbass) about the cort elrick and the price cutting on them. He dropped the line because he couldn't compete.

15. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Aug 16, 2001
    Toronto/Buffalo
    the Ebay Lightwaves are apparently demo units from the "pilot" run, not regular stock being "blown out". I picked up a Sabre A 4 string (chambered body) myself (still coming).Seems like a no-lose way to try out a LW.

16. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    I could see these as a low-end entry model(400-600 dollars). This neck hurts a bit, but I am just starting to play a 5-string, so the ache is normal(I guess).

17. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Though an insanely irritating process for web-walking, I'm able to post a clip of the bass...playing off the top of my head...
    click on the 'clip' link

http://www.geocities.com/lebanks_fw/disk_drive2.html
    D**N IT! The whole thing must be too long for the free service! Plan two shall commence...