Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just bought a metronome...

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by nottswarwick, Feb 19, 2005.

1. ..and in 24 hours ir has helped mote that I can believe...

OK, I have been a drummer for 20 years, so thought hat my timing on bass should be OK, but having just bought a Korg MA-30, I am amazed at the difference it has made to my feel and groove.

If anyopne is doubting the metronome as an essential toolm just get one. I did having read a few threads on here and it is the way forward.

I used to play guitar in a band where you could dnace to the bass player when he was playing on his own - this is what I aspire to be able to do, and I can now see a way to get there.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, good for you dude. congrats. :) :hyper:

3. Jleonardbc

Jleonardbc

Nov 12, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    Just make sure you can play as well in-time without the metronome click as with..if you can set it to an LED light, play for a while without looking then look back and see if you're still on with it. Or, if you can program it to play for a measure then drop out for a measure, and see if you come in correctly. Then up it to two measures, etc.

4. just had a practice with the band - it has made a difference to my feel already!!