1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just bought a metronome...

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by nottswarwick, Feb 19, 2005.

1. ..and in 24 hours ir has helped mote that I can believe...

OK, I have been a drummer for 20 years, so thought hat my timing on bass should be OK, but having just bought a Korg MA-30, I am amazed at the difference it has made to my feel and groove.

If anyopne is doubting the metronome as an essential toolm just get one. I did having read a few threads on here and it is the way forward.

I used to play guitar in a band where you could dnace to the bass player when he was playing on his own - this is what I aspire to be able to do, and I can now see a way to get there.

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    well, good for you dude. congrats. :) :hyper:

3. Jleonardbc

Jleonardbc

Nov 12, 2004
    Pennsylvania
    Just make sure you can play as well in-time without the metronome click as with..if you can set it to an LED light, play for a while without looking then look back and see if you're still on with it. Or, if you can program it to play for a measure then drop out for a measure, and see if you come in correctly. Then up it to two measures, etc.

4. just had a practice with the band - it has made a difference to my feel already!!