1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

just bought a modulus quantum 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by calirock, May 13, 2005.

1. Just bought a modulus quantum 5 string in so. california. This bass is incredible. I dont play on buying another bass ever again. Its so versatile. I paid around $3,000 for it but i wouldnt give it back or trade it for anything. Craftsmanship and sound are top notch. Ive been playing for 20yrs and finally found a keeper. For those worried about the price tag, it will even out in the long run. Ive seen some on ebay for cheaper, but i dont trust them for sh t.

2. primus_55

primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    im gassing for one now...i heard one on the weekend. that clarity and tone is amazing.

Shame im only 15 :( and jobless. lol

Congrats man :cool:

3. Nice! The first high end bass I ever played was a Q5!

4. Brendan

Brendan Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I dig the Moduli I've played. I really wanted to take a greenstone (or was it green velvet?) 6er home with me from Bass Central; alas, I've never had that much to spend on gear in a sitting. Ever.

I still wouldn't mind getting a Wide 5. Heck, a regular 6. Sometimes I see them pop up used for cheap, well, comparativly, and always GAS for a 5 or 6 in the Turbo configuration.

One of these days, maybe I'll give one a go. Alex Webster uses Spector, so I know he has taste, and he uses Modulus. Using the syllogism method of reasoning: A- Alex Websters uses Modulus. B- Alex Webster rocks, so, we must conclude, C- Modulus rocks.

5. i havent seen any q4's in my travels...whats the going rate for those now?