Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

just bought a modulus quantum 5

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by calirock, May 13, 2005.

1. Just bought a modulus quantum 5 string in so. california. This bass is incredible. I dont play on buying another bass ever again. Its so versatile. I paid around $3,000 for it but i wouldnt give it back or trade it for anything. Craftsmanship and sound are top notch. Ive been playing for 20yrs and finally found a keeper. For those worried about the price tag, it will even out in the long run. Ive seen some on ebay for cheaper, but i dont trust them for sh t.

2. primus_55

primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    im gassing for one now...i heard one on the weekend. that clarity and tone is amazing.

Shame im only 15 :( and jobless. lol

Congrats man :cool:

3. Nice! The first high end bass I ever played was a Q5!

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I dig the Moduli I've played. I really wanted to take a greenstone (or was it green velvet?) 6er home with me from Bass Central; alas, I've never had that much to spend on gear in a sitting. Ever.

I still wouldn't mind getting a Wide 5. Heck, a regular 6. Sometimes I see them pop up used for cheap, well, comparativly, and always GAS for a 5 or 6 in the Turbo configuration.

One of these days, maybe I'll give one a go. Alex Webster uses Spector, so I know he has taste, and he uses Modulus. Using the syllogism method of reasoning: A- Alex Websters uses Modulus. B- Alex Webster rocks, so, we must conclude, C- Modulus rocks.

5. i havent seen any q4's in my travels...whats the going rate for those now?