1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

JUST BOUGHT A NEW AMP SETUP!!! YIPEEE!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Steven Green, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Whoo-hooo! Yeah, Go Bears! Awe Jeah! Awesome!

Just purchased an Aguilar db680 + Crest V1500! I can't wait to get it. I'm gonna drive down to Portland, OR from Seattle, WA next week to go pick it up. I'll post a review when the time comes.

And now, here is a pic!:cool:

[​IMG]

2. Congrats BasisM2000, i'm sure you'll love the new setup. You're never need a new amp again, unless of course you want to change that crest with a DB728. :D I hope that i get to get the Aguilar rig that i want, but i don't know if financially i'll be able to do so. :( Of course that doesn't mean i won't try something.

3. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Well, someday maybe a PLX 2402 or a db728...but that's about it!:D

4. But, but....what about yer M-2000?? Am I the only guy left on TB with one of these? I'm starting to feel a little isolated....
    ;)

5. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Hey, Doesn't TCollins have one?:p

6. Yeah, I think you're right there. I'm going to go and hang out in his threads from now on....you have fun with your fancy _Aguilar_ there pal....
    :p

7. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    We can still talk though, right? Actually, if Fieldy joins TB, you and TCollins can chat about his wicked dubby/clicky tone! :p

oooh. That's not even funny...:rolleyes:

8. Eeeeewww.....! You're _SO_ off my "A list" pal!
    :D

9. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    AAAGGH! Sorry! I take it back!

...were still pals, right?;)

10. Seriously tho'....why the switch? The Aggie seems like a real "plug n' play?" A good enough reason for sure. I've had great results w/ my M-2000 lately by using the tube side alone and running my DBX Subharmonic synth to make up for some of that missing 400+ depth. Like I should HAVE to do that, eh?

11. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    If it works for you then no problem. For me, I like the simplicity of the Aguilar gear, not to mention the incredible quaility, not to say Mesa is not quality. We both know Mesa has great construction. You're dead-on with the "plug-and-play" though. I got a stellar price on the rack, so I went for it.

I have been talking with a guy the last few days who has the db680 and wants an M-2000...so this goes both ways. He said the M-2000 was the closest match for the sound of his db680 + db728 setup, for a hybrid amp. Quite a statement!:cool:

12. Allright...I feel better now. Damn, that 400+ was like huffin' a big TV set around but it sounded so much finer than my M-2000. The Simulstate really is a terrific amp tho'. I just miss that "plug n' play" thang. Have fun with your rig....

13. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Ya know... I've got a coupla gigs coming up, so I wouldn't mind takin' your rig for a test run to check it out for you... Seein' as I'm just down the road from Portland. Seems the least I can do for a fellow TBer :D

Killer rig. Hope you enjoy it!

-robert

14. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Thanks for the offer, but I think I can handle it!:D

15. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Thanks for the kind words fellas!

16. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    I picked up my new rack in Portland today and hooked it up an hour ago. The thing sounds VERY tubey. I have a LOT of headroom as well. All my lowest notes have better clarity and pitch distinction. I have not been able to test the parametric EQ yet, but so far, sounds terrific! Loud as a mother! The rack weighs about 65 lbs, but it is worth it. The case is nice. The Crest is hella loud and the Furman PL-8 is handy. As a side bonus...I got a Western Bacon Cheeseburger @ Carl's Jr...don't get those very often.

I'll write a more complete review when I get a chance to really put this setup through it's paces.

Peace.