Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

JUST BOUGHT A NEW AMP SETUP!!! YIPEEE!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Steven Green, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Whoo-hooo! Yeah, Go Bears! Awe Jeah! Awesome!

Just purchased an Aguilar db680 + Crest V1500! I can't wait to get it. I'm gonna drive down to Portland, OR from Seattle, WA next week to go pick it up. I'll post a review when the time comes.

And now, here is a pic!:cool:

[​IMG]

2. Congrats BasisM2000, i'm sure you'll love the new setup. You're never need a new amp again, unless of course you want to change that crest with a DB728. :D I hope that i get to get the Aguilar rig that i want, but i don't know if financially i'll be able to do so. :( Of course that doesn't mean i won't try something.

3. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Well, someday maybe a PLX 2402 or a db728...but that's about it!:D

4. But, but....what about yer M-2000?? Am I the only guy left on TB with one of these? I'm starting to feel a little isolated....
    ;)

5. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Hey, Doesn't TCollins have one?:p

6. Yeah, I think you're right there. I'm going to go and hang out in his threads from now on....you have fun with your fancy _Aguilar_ there pal....
    :p

7. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    We can still talk though, right? Actually, if Fieldy joins TB, you and TCollins can chat about his wicked dubby/clicky tone! :p

oooh. That's not even funny...:rolleyes:

8. Eeeeewww.....! You're _SO_ off my "A list" pal!
    :D

9. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    AAAGGH! Sorry! I take it back!

...were still pals, right?;)

10. Seriously tho'....why the switch? The Aggie seems like a real "plug n' play?" A good enough reason for sure. I've had great results w/ my M-2000 lately by using the tube side alone and running my DBX Subharmonic synth to make up for some of that missing 400+ depth. Like I should HAVE to do that, eh?

11. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    If it works for you then no problem. For me, I like the simplicity of the Aguilar gear, not to mention the incredible quaility, not to say Mesa is not quality. We both know Mesa has great construction. You're dead-on with the "plug-and-play" though. I got a stellar price on the rack, so I went for it.

I have been talking with a guy the last few days who has the db680 and wants an M-2000...so this goes both ways. He said the M-2000 was the closest match for the sound of his db680 + db728 setup, for a hybrid amp. Quite a statement!:cool:

12. Allright...I feel better now. Damn, that 400+ was like huffin' a big TV set around but it sounded so much finer than my M-2000. The Simulstate really is a terrific amp tho'. I just miss that "plug n' play" thang. Have fun with your rig....

13. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Ya know... I've got a coupla gigs coming up, so I wouldn't mind takin' your rig for a test run to check it out for you... Seein' as I'm just down the road from Portland. Seems the least I can do for a fellow TBer :D

Killer rig. Hope you enjoy it!

-robert

14. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Thanks for the offer, but I think I can handle it!:D

15. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    Thanks for the kind words fellas!

16. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    I picked up my new rack in Portland today and hooked it up an hour ago. The thing sounds VERY tubey. I have a LOT of headroom as well. All my lowest notes have better clarity and pitch distinction. I have not been able to test the parametric EQ yet, but so far, sounds terrific! Loud as a mother! The rack weighs about 65 lbs, but it is worth it. The case is nice. The Crest is hella loud and the Furman PL-8 is handy. As a side bonus...I got a Western Bacon Cheeseburger @ Carl's Jr...don't get those very often.

I'll write a more complete review when I get a chance to really put this setup through it's paces.

Peace.