1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

just bought a new combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ergodynebass, Aug 16, 2007.

1. I was just in the local music shop checking out the amps and I played the SWR WorkingPro 2x10c. Wow for a combo it is probably the punchiest cleanest sounding amp I have heard. Ended up walking out the door with it for half the retail price, and cheaper than I've seen it on Ebay ever too.

I thought it was a pretty impressive amp because of how easy it is to pickup, it's on casters and with an ext cabinet the thing puts out 400w which is very nice for a combo. I think it will replace my hartke kickback 12 quite nicely. Anyone know any good settings for slap on this thing? There's so many knobs and buttons I don't know what does what yet. Even though it sounds perfectly fine on flat.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I have a Workingman's 12 I use with my Moog Little Phatty. Great clean amp, one of the best SS amps I've ever heard. SWR does a great bass amp. I think. Enjoy yours.

3. Yeah I sorta wanted an Eden combo instead but they didn't have any in stock and since he got me such a good deal I really didn't care just grabbed the SWR.