Just bought a new head.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by alecmcmahon, Dec 22, 2001.

1. hey there guys,

i went to sam ash yesterday and just blew all my money, i couldnt resist.

i bought myself a much needed amp head, the Hartke HA 3500 ( 350 Watts, Tube, and solid state preamp, and all that cool stuff)

i was playing it on 2 Hartke Cabs , i think it was a 4x12, and 1x?, and it sounded great, i loved how the low end mixed in with the high perfectly.

but now the thing is... I dont have my cab yet.. well, i havent picked it up.. suppused to go the first day of jan.( uncles giving it to me )

He said its a fender, with a peavey black widow on the bottom that he put in ( 18 inch ) and two 12's above it..

im just wondering if it would go nice with this cab.

and whatnot ( sorry i dont have much info. on the cab )
  2. CAN ANYBODY REPLY??? anything? please?
  3. Jeff Corallo

Jeff Corallo

May 30, 2000
    For the money, you can make it work!;) Sounds heavy though.....:eek:
  4. what are you talking about??

make it work for the money??

all i was asking how it would sound on that kind of cab... with watts and speakers and all
  5. ButtBass

Nov 14, 2001
    I'd get a 15. 18 will sound like mud.
  6. nooo, well thats the thing.. i get what i get... i cant say ' hey uncle, can you get rid of that 18" black widow , and put in a 15?"

he is giving it me for free... im just asking for your comments, thanks though
  7. you can make anything sound good. it all depends on what you want. if you want a tight punchy sound you're gonna have to do a LOT of fiddling to get it out of that cab. if you want a deep, full sound, you'll probably get it without much problem.
    it really depends on how specific you want to get with your sound. if you plug in, and you get something that sounds decent to you, then just mess around til you find what you like.
    if you've got a specific sound you want, then you're gonna have a hard time getting it. but it's all about experimentation and opening up your ears. if you don't know what you like and you're open to trying new sounds you'll find something good.
  8. You made a good choice for a head.The cabinet should sound allright with the 10s added to the 18.You'll be able to keep up with most anybody volume wise.After you haul that cabinet around awhile you'll want to get a more modern sounding and lighter cab.Those Fender 18-10 cabs are heavey.
  9. thanks mr wrong and blues bass, that was one of the reasons in purchasing this head. bassicly because of the wide tones and ends you can reach.(and all the cool buttons , heh )