1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just bought a new Mesa M6 Carbine 2x12 combo / Boss GT-10B

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Maiden Bass, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Maiden Bass

Maiden Bass Banned

Feb 11, 2007
    All I can say is WOW!!!

Best amp/effects combo I have ever owned period.

I am in heaven with this rig, really!!!
    :bassist:

Just wanted to let you all know.

Peace.

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Congrats, that's a great rig. Though those 2x12 Mesa combo's are kinda big and heavy, nothing else sounds as good. You've done well.

3. Maiden Bass

Maiden Bass Banned

Feb 11, 2007
    Thanks RickenBoogie.

Yes, this combo is a little on the large side, however with the kick back wheels setup it's really easy to get it around. Also it came with a full cover so you don't have to worry about getting your speakers wet when it rains. I was so impressed with the volume and tone of this amp! I mean it is just really LOUD!!!

It's the standard 4 ohm combo, so it is pushing the full 600 watts.

Just a great amp, and also the Boss GT-10B is the best digital processor I have ever heard for bass.

$1399 for the amp and $499 for the effect, but I'm telling you I don't think you could find ANYTHING else on the market that would sound better (and louder) for even quite a bit more money.
    :D

4. Hey brother! How you still digging the boss gt10b? I'm looking between that and the fractal audio axe fx preamp. How do you think they stack up against each other? I'm really interested in the ability to run two channels at once. I nice clean channel and dirt at the same time. How's the boss against a line 6 pre? Hey what amp models does the gt10b run? Can't find that anywhere. Thanks for all the info and sorry about the barrage... Jim.