1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just Bought a Sansamp RBI today..... (Ampeg/RBI question too!)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Baird6869, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

..... And I am sitting at my friggin' desk at work for another few hours waiting to get home to play around with it while it sits in my trunk! AGGGHHHHHH!!!:crying:

Thanks for your understanding.:D

Anyways, Does anyone use a Sansamp RBI with an Ampeg rig bypassing the Ampeg pre and going through the effects return? Just curious as this is how I curently use my soon to be decommissioned Bass PODxt.

2. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    I currently run my bass through a bass PODxt -> sansamp RBI -> effects return of my fender pro 800 amp.. Couldn't be happier. The power section of the fender is huge! :bassist:

3. Baird6869

Hmmm... maybe I'll try that. I was going to replace the POD with the RBI, but I will try them together to see how it sounds.

4. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    It's worth a shot. Most of the POD's effects will get lost if you use any sorta drive on the RBI. However, for subtle cabinet modeling, eq, compression, delay/modulation, it sounds very nice. Gives the POD lots of unf and, with the right compression, can help maintain levels going into the rbi (especially good if you're using it for any overdrive).

5. johnvice

johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    I tried this with my SVT-3, plugging into the AMpeg's power amp in, and it would not work.

6. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    ?

7. BillySid

BillySid Gold Supporting Member

Nov 11, 2005
    Weatherford, TX
    Yes! I run my RBI into my SVT-6 Pro power amp in it's magic! Excellent tone. Sad that the SVT-6 is just a power amp now, but I just prefer the RBI to it.

8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Then there's a technical problem somewhere, probably with the power amp in jack.

9. Baird6869

I have had a chance to play around with the SansAmp RBI for a few days now and all I can say is.... WOW!:bassist:

This thing sounds amazing.

It almost sounds a touch trebly and clicking strings are prevalent when playing at very low practice volume (almost like a Geddy Lee trebly sound), but in the mix at gig volume? Amazing. :hyper:

My Bass PODxt will be going on eBay ASAP as I just can't see needing it any longer.

This was the best $225 I have spent on a piece of used gear in a long time and my band was blown away by the tone.

My only issue? I play reggae, punk, classic rock and funk sometimes in the same set. The ability to program or switch quickly between settings would be a huge plus as I will likely need to adjust the RBI a bunch of times throughout a gig. I guess cheat notes will have to suffice.

10. Paulitics

Paulitics

Apr 12, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    yeah it would be nice if they made a programmable footswitch to work with the RBI. So you could kind of have a rack mounted PBDDI. As for the trebly sound at low volumes, lowering the presence knob can help a lot.