just bought a stingray :)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Boozy, Jun 8, 2002.

1. Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    holysmokes.. this think frickin ripps it up like nothing else.. i live in kelowna bc canada and ripped to vancouver at 1:00 am friday june 7.. slept in abby for a bit and made it to tom lee surry for opening time.. nothing.. went downtown.. played some nice precisions and g&l's.. and a black stingray w/ rosewood, 3 band eq.. didnt really appeal (the precision w/ dual coill jazz/humbucker and pbass pup sounded good w/ string thru.. but it was alder and didnt feel right).. many stores later i wqas back at tom lee granville.. still wasnt satisfied.. got the dude to look on his computer and see if there were any other stingrays in any of their other stores around van (coquitlam langley, north van, etc).. natural ash, maple finger board, 4 string, 3 band eq.. coquitlam.. off i go to coquitlam.. my god.. this thing growls like i wanna...
    i am the happiest man on earth at this moment... jammed tonight and alls i have to say is i found my sound :) (happiest guy on earth easily)

just wanted to share that with everyone (i could have went into more detail about my total journey to find "my bass".. but i dont wanna bore you with specifics)... alls i know is that i had a pretty flexable range (i was set on coming home for friday night jam session with a new bass).. i like precisions (i like that dual jazz in bridge pos) or just normal precision - cosmetics a big factor tho.. usa or not usa.. there may be an annoying (but non sound or playability effecting) flaw.. it will drive you crazy..i like g&l's (l2000 but only custom ordered ash - which is hard to find).. and i love stingrays, but some sound better than others...

i got gold.. man oh man... i hope i dont sound lame.. i'm just sooooooo frickin happy... (some beers and whatnot make for bad expolaining of words)..

happy happy happy happy happy
  2. I know what your talking about man! I just bought a Stingray about 1,5 months ago, these things rule! congrats! have fun with you new bass!
  3. Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Excellent!!! Enjoy!!!
  4. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    congrats. Enjoy your stingray its a great bass :) I love mine :D
  5. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Congrats, man. You'll like it more the longer you have it. Now you need a matching fiver.