1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just bought a Universal Audio UAD 2 Octo Core PCIe DSP Accelerator Card

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by SirMjac28, Jan 9, 2018.

1. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    Just purchased a Universal Audio UAD 2 Octo Core PCIe DSP Accelerator Card I got it because they have a great rebate going on where you get $1196 in free plugins. I was wondering if anyone is using any UAD products and could give me some tips I'll be using Pro Tools 11

d674fbd8-460f-4aa1-b692-faefbda0acf0.jpg._CB307648817__SR970,300_.jpg

Furious_Man77 likes this.
  2. 33eedx.jpg

SirMjac28 likes this.
  3. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    This thing is really nice the plugins are incredible but pricey.

4. Furious_Man77

Furious_Man77 Low frequencies since 1997

Jul 5, 2010
    Indiana
    Apollo and Satellite user here, and have been using UA plugins (and PT) for over 10 years.

I imagine you got the basic legacy package with the card. Depending on what type of music or what your goal is will help with any plugin suggestions. My first tip would be to read the UAD forums, tons of great info there.

5. SamuelSandoval

SamuelSandoval Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 18, 2014
    Northern Colorado
    CEO:Sam'sBassClub Front Of House Eng: Foundations Church
    I love Universal Audio. I have an Apollo 8P and am contemplating getting a Satellite octo core in the future.

There's a lot of information and tips on uaudio.com. For someone unlike you, that doesn't have an OCTO core accelerator, I'd suggest they constantly watch out and monitor their DSP meter... but you my friend are the man, you'll hardly ever have to worry about DSP with all that power.

6. Justin A

Justin A

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    There are a ton of tip videos on the Universal Audio site, along with many users tied into PureMix.net that both advertise and adore UAD. You can also find snippets of videos on YouTube from Mix with the Masters. There's also an insane amount of forums, and books (some good and some bad) out there to help.

I use the Apollo and Satellite, but also used the UAD-1 going way back over a decade ago. They've released some great stuff lately.

I highly recommend you get the 1176 compressor collection. I use these on bass a lot. I've spent way too much $$$ on plug-ins. :) Enjoy!

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021