1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just bought a used Eden amp head...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by alaskaleftybass, Jun 24, 2017.

1. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    For a short time I had an Eden WTX-264. Although the amp sounded beautiful it started to cut out. The seller took it back and refunded my money including shipping. It was the first Eden I ever owned, and I fell in love with the tone. So I kept my eyes open for another Eden, and found this one for an excellent deal online. This is the Eden WTX-260, the difference being it was made in USA. The seller has a long history of positive feedback.

So I'm pretty happy about buying another Eden. I know this amp is only 260 watts at 4 ohms, but I don't do big shows anymore, and the last large gig I did I just ran a line to FOH. The amp is 7 years old but it's in excellent condition. This amp will work perfectly with my two Eden EX110 cabs. I'm excited to play out with my new Eden mini-stack, the sound with the first Eden head was so musical, deep, and crisp. Sorry for the rant but I'm kind of excited!

eden wtx-260.

Does anyone else have this little guy, and do they like the sound as much as I do? Thanks guys!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    It’s ugly. Before you begin to hate it send it to me! LOL

3. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    :laugh: Thanks brother. I'll keep that in mind! ;)

EDIT: When the amp comes in I'll post pictures of my new Eden mini-stack at home and hopefully some pics in the wild i.e. a club.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  4. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    I'm gonna shamelessly bump my own thread because I hope other Eden owners chime in! :)

5. Al Kraft

Al Kraft Supporting Member

May 2, 2016
    Northern Virginia
    That's a great little amp Will...congratulations! If I was looking for something to round out an Eden mini-rig, I can't think of a nicer head to do it.

OBTW, I think you and I may be among the few fans of those Eden EX110 cabs here on TB. I own a lot of gear and sort of expect the big expensive stuff to sound great, but that little bargain priced Eden cab puts a smile on my face every time I play it. :)

alaskaleftybass likes this.
  6. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Thanks @Al Kraft ! I think if more people tried the little cabs with the WTX series they'd be amazed at what a nice little combo they are! I kind of wonder what a stack of EX112's would have been like too.

Al Kraft likes this.
  7. Ain't no shame. :smug:
    This is a fantastic head for your mini Eden rig, I always enjoyed it for small and the 550 for more of everything.
    Welcome to the garden of Eden, Enjoy. :thumbsup:

alaskaleftybass likes this.
  8. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Thank you @S-Bigbottom ! :thumbsup:

S-Bigbottom likes this.