1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just bought a Warwick profet 3.2, sweet! Now I need a cab, which one?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nuno.ka, Jul 27, 2007.

1. nuno.ka

nuno.ka

Feb 11, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Hi!

My search for a bass head ended when I tried the Warwick profet 3.2 at a store. It's 300W @ 4ohm and it was connected to a 6ohm 6x10 cab. Well I was blown away by the sweet warm and punchy tone, a very nice "subtle" compressor, and good EQ. It was also quite loud (contrary to many people's opinions) and for €280 new with warranty... there's no competition for it around here.

When I got to the rehearsal room I hooked it up with an 8ohm 1x15" and the sweet tone was still there, a bit more bottom, but of course, since it is an 8ohm cab, I wasn't satisfied with the volume (BTW the head doesn't distort even when pushed HARD). Anyway, the 1x15" cab isn't mine so I need one.

At first I was thinking 8ohm 2x10 now and an 8ohm 1x15 later but I decided I want a 4ohm 4x10" to push all the power from it right away, I loved the sweetness of the 10"s and 2 cabs is too much money for me. Now I have to decide between these two:

Warwick 411 pro (4x10 4ohm) ------> €430

Peavey 410 tvx (4x10 4ohm) -------> €344

What do you guys say?
    Thanks!

2. Hi Nuno.ka,

I tried the Warwick 4x10", 4x11" and 1x15" cabs with a Warwick 5.1 tube head a couple of months ago, and was pleasantly surprised by how nice the 15" cab sounded when compared with the other cabs. A nice configuration would be a 2x10" cab paired with the 1x15", but like I mentioned in a previous post, if I had to make a choice of just getting a single cab, I would be taking the 1x15" home.

Good luck!

Kind regards,
    Beebebop,
    Beijing.

3. nuno.ka

nuno.ka

Feb 11, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Thanks for the tip Beebebop, but I really prefer the sound of 10" speakers and the 1x15 is 8ohm, which would force me to buy another cab later.

My question is about how the 411 pro and the 410 tvx sound, or other 4x10s under €450.

regards

Nuno

4. nuno.ka

nuno.ka

Feb 11, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    [​IMG]:crying: