1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just bought Ampeg SVT-II (non pro) love it!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by deiseldave2001, Mar 28, 2002.

1. I had an SVT-II years back and sold it to finance some other gear. Since then I have kicked myself daily til now. I found one at a decent price ($750).
    This thing is the ****! Even better than I recalled. The tone is nutty. Anyone else have one of these?
    I had considered getting an SVT-IIPro but had heard people complain about the protection circuitry actually causing failures (how ironic). I have no personal experience with the SVT-IIPro, however, the SVT-II is by far my favorite compared to other Ampegs I've owned :V4-B (vintage), SVT ('72), and one of the solid state Ampegs (SVT200T)
    It's tone is like my old '72, but way less noise, and better eq flexability. I also like the rackmount thing for protection in the band trailer.
    I'm curious why I don't hear more people raving about these.

2. I have an SVT Pro II, and I love it. I imagine yours sounds quite similar. Congragulations. I'm currently only using a 115 with it, but that may change soon. Ampegs rule!