Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just bought an EBS BassIQ on ebay...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Disco_Gee, Jan 29, 2005.

1. I played one of these almost 12 months ago when I was interstate on work. I've wanted one ever since, and I've finally found one on Ebay for a good price. I couldn't wait for the auction to end, so I hit the buy it now button! It's all mine! Will post a review when it arrives... I'm so excited!! :D

2. Great choice i have just got one, i have wanted one for ages now i have 1 im loving it :p

3. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    Congrats. That pedal is the only one - ever - I've bought from Cash Converters due to their crazy prices. I got lucky at AUS$150 that time and resold to a friend for only slightly more after taking a peek at the circuit. It's a great pedal and produces some nice usable sounds.

Mike

4. Are you on the DIY stompboxes forum? I think I tried to buy that pedal off you last year, but you'd already sold it to someone else from Canberra! Small e-world, isn't it? :D I ended up paying $250, but the thing is mint, so I don't mind.

5. mikeboth

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Yep - I remember now. Especially a) being in Australia b) playing bass and c) going after effects pedals, the circle is greatly reduced. :)

$250 is still a good price. The Bass IQ I looked at is very well made, and their small size is handy. I only sold it because I needed the cash! :crying:

Mike

6. True that. Yeah, I played one nearly 12 months ago when I was in Adelaide. I would not have thought much of them if I didn't play it myself. Compared to other more expensive units like the Q-tron, Q-tron+ and mooger fooger, this filter actually looks cheaper because of it's size. But as soon as I plugged it in...snap. What a sound.

On a side note, I've looked at music shops and bass gear in all the larger capital cities in Australia and Adelaide has probably the best range of bass equipment out of all of them. I was quite surprised.

7. I just got one and just played my first gig with it. I fooled around with it at home, and one rehearsal. It just does what it's supposed to do, and nothing it's not supposed to do, which already puts it way past most pedals. Getting it to do what it's supposed to do, I had a hard time setting the threshold right and pluckign at the right strength and everything. I finally got it most of the time at the gig to make the noise I wanted. Very very cool.

8. mikeboth

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    All envelope filters take some work to get sounding 'good' - they can be very revealing of your dynamics technique - or lack if it! (speaking from experience here). :)

Mike

9. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    One of the best sounding out of the box filter pedals out there IMHO :cool:

10. All going well it should arrive today. I really wanted to just stay home from work and wait for it to be delivered :D