Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just bought an Epifani 310.... NYC!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Tunaman, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Guess they are still doing custom orders for the NYC cabs & will have parts for a few years. Good to know. I did a side by side test of the 410 & 310 thinking both were the UL. The 410 was UL & the 310 the NYC. Funny that I felt the upper mids were better on the 310NYC as well as having a little extra rumble. The 410 did have a lot of bottom though for being an UL... way more than the ashdown, ampeg, glock but not vs the 310 NYC.
    900 bucks for NYC new wasnt bad, maybe I'll add the 310UL on top?? A few extra pounds for a cool reggae sound is alright though.
    You do need a really good amp & I found that a parametric or semi parametric EQ made all the difference... Thunderfunk or Eden Nav!

2. Jason Carota

Jason Carota Gold Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2002
    Lowell, MA
    Congrats on the 310!! I love Epifani cabs - especially the NYC series. I use an NYC 210 (rehearsal/gigging) and an NYC 112 (solo practice/low volume gigs and rehearsals.)

Its good to hear they will have parts for custom NYCs.

3. Mario Lewis

Mario Lewis

Jul 6, 2001
    Clinton, MD
    There will be a return of the NYC parts? I thought I was on my own to treasure this stuff and baby it forever because there were never going to be anymore NYC parts, speakers, boxes, etc. They are really going to stock replacement speakers?? Say it IS so!!!

I might want to stock up.... wonder what the shelf life is??

I just scored a 310 NYC in a trade deal and it is humbling, to say the least. Heck, I might want another one!!

4. Thunderfunk

Thunderfunk

Mar 27, 2004
    McHenry, IL
    I'm a storehouse of odd information, so I'll answer your odd question. If the speakers have a foam surround, the shelf lfe of foam rubber is 20 years. After that it turns back into oil. :crying: