Just bought an F Bass!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jacob Bartfield, Nov 10, 2003.

1. I just purchased a four string F Bass on Ebay through The Bass Place in Arizona. Usually I wouldn't consider buying a bass this way, but this thing just looked too good to be true. The real nice thing about it, is the macassar ebony fingerboard, (there almost always maple). I'll post a detailed review when I get it. I attached a link to a picture.

I do have one question though. I've never actually played a BN4, (I've only had the opportunity to play BN5s). Can someone tell me what the neck is like on a BN4?

2. Soory, I haven't played a BN4 to tell you what the neck is like. But I can tell you that that looks sweet and that all the F basses I have played have been phenomenal instruments.

3. I may as well throw in this other picture.

4. Pet

Pet Guest

Mar 8, 2003
    all over
    so. who cares.

nice bass i like it , although the neck be un even, a little buldge
    at the fourth fret.. am i right?
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Why do you say this?
  6. Ha ha, very funny. But actually, this so called "Pet" character brings up a good point. I got an email from a guy at the store saying that there appeared to be a high spot in the neck. I guess they called George about it, and he said that it was probobly an "optical illusion" and that's just the way he makes his basses. I'm not too worried about. I'm sure the bass sounds amazing.
  7. Pet

Pet Guest

Mar 8, 2003
    all over
    told you so.:spit:
  8. BassFiddle63

Oct 4, 2002
    Congratulations Jacob! Cool look'in bass there. Let us know how it performs after you give it the test :bassist:
  9. Congrats!!!
    My Bn5 has Macassar fingerboard and it sounds great!Warm and punchy. I guess a Bn4 with the same woodboard would do so!!!!

Enjoy the bass!!!:bassist:

10. thanks guys. I'm still sort of in disbelief that I actually got it. It wasn't like I needed another bass right away. I wasn't planning on buying another one for at least another year, but I figured I may as well sieze the opportunity. I doubt I would have ever found another one this perfect. You just don't see to many BN4s.

I actually have another question. I'm a little confused about the pickups. I've read in a few different places that F Basses are going to be equipped with Seymore Duncan pickups instead of the hand wound pickups. Is there any truth to that? there doesn't seem to be any indication on the website about it.
  11. slam

slam Guest

Mar 22, 2000
    Nice bass. I was thinking about bidding on it. You got a good deal IMO. Congrats. Let us know how it is.
  12. I think that Seymour Duncan actually custom wounds pickup for Fbasses. I don't think it gonna change the sound.
    I guess Adrian Garcia could tell us more about that...
  13. dveeus1

Jan 7, 2001
    DFW, Texas
    Last I talked to George he is still making his own pickups. I do believe however, that Alain request Duncans in his bass.
  14. Huh. There seems to be some mixed opinions about the pickups. I guess I could always email George and find out.
  15. JRBrown

Jun 21, 2000
    North Carolina
    I did bid on it and the highest bidder won. Congrats!