Just bought and gigged my new 24....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Barfly, Sep 11, 2005.

1. Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Well, I took the plunge this morning while in the shower: I decided it was time to downsize amp-wise and upgrade bass-wise.

I hit the local L+MQ and traded in my Ampeg 410, MIM EMG'd Jazz, Yorkville 400 head and XCM100 combo for a Jazz 24 and Yorkie 200w 2x10 combo.

Played out tonight with the new rig and man, the 24 is the most comfortable, tone-able bass i have prolly ever played. What a beauty!

I am very, very pleased with this bass. Super comfortable and a tone monster.

I'll miss the MIM. It served me very well but I'm glad that someone will grab it for about $500 CDN and have themselves an amazing bass in its own right.

I almost felt guilty parting ways with the MIM but after tonight, it was the right thing to do.

F*ck am I ever happy!
  2. You know the rules... No Pics = No Bass.

Is the 200w combo you bought the XM200T or whatever? Those are cool little combos.
  3. Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    Damn you, dead batteries! Pics to follow!!!

Yeah, it's the 200T. Killer little combo, man. 65 pounds - not too heavy but a dolly helps.

Let me sort out my camera crap .
  4. Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
    LOL! Okay, okay! After dinner.
  5. pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    OK, dinners over! WHERE ARE THE PICS! :)
  6. Slightly off topic but did you have the Yorkville XS400H? What did you think of it? I'm considering the same head.
  7. Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada
  8. alembicfive

Jan 17, 2003
    Geez, I wished the one I got looked half as good as that. The one I got (cherry finish) had to be the worst looking piece wood I have ever seen...period. It looked like they found some blotchy looking wood in the parking lot (if it was quilted, it fooled me) and slapped it on this bass. How it left the factory looking like it did is beyond me :confused:

A interesting side note, after I boxed it back up and sent it back to MF, I wrote the CEO of Fender an email saying how disapointed I was with this product (I own a number of Fender products, so it was not a bashing email). A week or so went by without hearing back from Fender, so I figured the email did not go through, or typical big business, they deleted it.

Well I ended up getting a phone call from the head of Fender's customer service (I guess the CEO did get it)! He said they were very concerned about this matter since is a sub-contractor that makes these basses for Fender. Since they want to make sure the contractor is making the basses to Fender's standard, Fender called MF to track down the bass I received, so they can see for themselves! I also told them I saw a Jazz 24 in a Guitar Center in West Palm that was almost as ugly....

Well there is a happy ending....instead of the JAzz 24 I picked up a Fender 60's Classic Jazz. I just love this bass!! :hyper:
  9. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    alembicfive, cool story thanks for sharing. Fender really cares about the quality of their instruments.
  10. Barfly

Dec 27, 2000
    GTA, Canada

I had the BMH 400. Older model (1999 or so I think). Never had any problems with it at all. I did try an XS400H a few weeks back @ a live gig. Run thorugh Yorkie 2x10, 1x15.

I use a SANSAMP BD for preamp, and the rig sounded pretty good to me.