1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just bought another Warwick!

Discussion in 'Warwick Basses' started by Grizzey, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Grizzey

Grizzey

Mar 29, 2009
    NIL
    Last year around this time medical bills forced me to sell some gear.
    The only piece I really missed (and indeed the only bass I've ever sold and missed,) was my German Corvette Standard Bubinga.

Yesterday I found the same bass for $300. Yes, a nice German Wick for that cheap.
    Should arrive this weekend, or early next week.

So happy to have a Warwick again!

2. jamminology101

jamminology101

Aug 22, 2012
    Indianapolis In
    Endorsing Artist: Glockenklang
    I've got the same bass....love that damn thing. Has the neatest mid range growl and natural treble resonance of any bass I have ever played. I wouldn't want to have an active preamp on it because I couldn't think of any frequency that I would want to boost or cut to be honest. All the notes have a very dry, clear articulation to them that makes even dead rounds sound pretty good. Those dynamic correction pickups r the shizzle....I put a new set of Dr highbeams on em last night and ....man, what a joy.

3. RedMoses

RedMoses

Jul 4, 2012
    NYC
    Pics? My first Wick was a '97 Corvette, great Basses, i still think about it so many years later.

4. jamminology101

jamminology101

Aug 22, 2012
    Indianapolis In
    Endorsing Artist: Glockenklang
    Something to that bubinga...I have the maple neck/ash thumb ltd edition bleached and it doesn't sound near as good as my older bubinga r even new ovangol thumb....

5. Grizzey

Grizzey

Mar 29, 2009
    NIL
    I've tried Corvette $$s, Thumbs, Streamers, and various other Warwicks.
    Just somethin about the 'vette standard.

6. Grizzey

Grizzey

Mar 29, 2009
    NIL
    I couldn't agree more.

7. Grizzey

Grizzey

Mar 29, 2009
    NIL
    Will post some as soon as I get the bass.

8. WarwickOfficial

WarwickOfficial

May 15, 2012
    Warwick & Framus Social Media
    Grizzey,

WOW!!! A find of a lifetime, no doubt! An incredible price for an awesome instrument you will hopefully enjoy for many years to come.

Thanks for sharing! Be sure to post some images/sound clips when you are able to. Congratulations on your purchase!

-Jesse at Warwick USA

9. sumgruuvz

sumgruuvz Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Woodward, Oklahoma
    if its the one that was on guitar center, i saw that one. was going to try and pull the trigger on it if the fortress 5 i looked at didnt go through. but it did. will have a fortress 5 rb soon. congrats on your new bass.

10. Grizzey

Grizzey

Mar 29, 2009
    NIL
    sumgruuvz you are exactly right, I just could not believe the price.
    The employee even gave me the serial # to check out.
    He said something may be up with the nut, but I happen to have a spare just-a-nut in case anything is up.

11. sumgruuvz

Apr 28, 2009
    Woodward, Oklahoma
    hopefully its something minor like that. still a great score.

12. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    Wow that's really cheap. Much cheaper than I've seen on eBay. Congratulations on getting another Corvette to replace the one you had to let go :)

13. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    That's the cheapest I've seen a bubinga corvette ever sell for.

I got a German fortress one for $440. with no issues.

A brand new Streamer Pro M in Guitar Center for $499. Needed batteries and a knob had to be tightened.

A Streamer Jazzman in mint condition for $1100.

And I paid about $1000 for the corvette you just got for $300, in 1997. This is why I will never buy a new Warwick again. The Pro M at that time went for around $1500.

14. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    I got me ash body 5-string Corvette Standard for around $600. It has some not nice-looking scratches on the back & it's kinda heavy. How much were Corvette Standards back in the day?

15. Grizzey

Grizzey

Mar 29, 2009
    NIL
    My Warwick came yesterday, it really is in nice shape.
    There was a problem with the nut. Somebody had tried using glue on it for reason, and it was not adjustable.
    Fortunately, I had a spare.

Warwick001.

Warwick002.

Warwick003.

$351.56 Total spent, and I'm way happy to have a Warwick back in my stable.

16. sumgruuvz

Apr 28, 2009
    Woodward, Oklahoma
    man. that was a sweet deal. active and all. congrats! if it wasnt you, it was going to be me ;)