1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just Bought MTD Andrew Gauche - Good Buy?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Econdude, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Econdude

Econdude

Sep 11, 2014
    Hello,

Just pulled the trigger on a MTD Kingston AG 6 String. I have never played an MTD before but the demos sound amazing. Just wanted to check in and see if any has any experience with the AG seroes of Kingston basses and what you think. I bought mine on Ebay from a pawn shop in Southern Cal for $1500.00, and it looks great. Of course I will take it to a good shop and have it completely checked out as soon as I get it .... well, after probably playing it all night the first night. :)

Thanks!

2. AngelCrusher

AngelCrusher Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, Taylor
    Interested in what you think. Im going to try and put my hands on one tomorrow.

3. Ace Of Bass

Ace Of Bass A Rooster Illusion

Jun 27, 2006
    DC
    I had a five for a brief period of time....I thought it was a fine bass....Very comfy and lots of tonal options....

4. Econdude

Econdude

Sep 11, 2014
    I actually won't get mine until Friday so I won't know until then. I plan to take it to a guitar pro shop here locally and get it checked out on Monday or Tuesday just to make sure all is well. It seems like the MTD Kingston series is fairly popular brand, I am surprised there is so little on the bass forum about them, and so little response in the couple of threads that I could find (tat are years old). Are MTD owners just non forum snobs? LOL

5. foal30

foal30

Dec 3, 2007
    New Zealand
    There is both a MTD US thread and a non-US MTD thread.

6. Ace Of Bass

Ace Of Bass A Rooster Illusion

Jun 27, 2006
    DC
    We've got an MTD USA thread on TB that is several years old and is open to all...same applies to the Non-USA thread too I'm sure...

7. AngelCrusher

AngelCrusher Supporting Member

Sep 12, 2004
    Mesa Boogie, Tech 21, Taylor
    I played a 5 string Gouche (Kingston) and a 6 string 635 (american). The Kingston was a pretty big drop down in feel to me. The neck was was not nearly as smooth. Granted the 635 I played retailed at 6k and the Gouche Kingston was far less. But it still was a big enough difference to me to where I would prefer a Peavey Cirrus at that price point.

8. Simsimmer

Simsimmer Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Can't go wrong. The best bass out there for that price point. Only 8.5 lbs. too. All across the spectrum of his products, Mike Tobias is a genius!

9. Econdude

Econdude

Sep 11, 2014
    Just received this bass, and it is amazing!!! Plays like butta! I didn't know a bass could have this kind of action. On my way to a local luthier to make sure it is in as good shape as it seems, and no hidden easter eggs. :)

bholder, Dr. Cheese and bass4worship like this.
  10. Simsimmer

Simsimmer Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Congrats!

Econdude likes this.
  11. Virgil

Virgil She's My Inspiration Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2005
    Dresher, Pa.
    Give us some follow up.

12. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Looks good, though I'm personally not a fan of that bridge.

Anyway, I wish you all the best with your new purchase!