Just bought my first bass....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by screamingdaisy, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Since threads like this are boring without pics, here's a stock photo until I can borrow a camara;

The one I chose was a Godin passive 4-string in the same finish as the active 5 pictured above.

I liked it's sound and prefered it's feel to the other basses I tried. G&L taking a close second and EBMM third. It was a close call between the 4 and 5 string versions as I really liked both, but they didn't have a 5 a finish I liked, so that basically decided it.

Anyway, it's a friend of mine who owns the shop, so he's holding it for a day or two to go over it and fine tune the setup for me. I can't wait....

P.S. - I start lessons on Monday. :cool:
  2. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Personally, I have no experience with that bass, but sounds pretty good.

Welcome to the world of G.A.S ;)
  3. I'm all too familiar with GAS....you should see my guitar rig. ;)
  4. Dream Works

Dream Works

Dec 5, 2003
    Welcome aboard!

You'll soon experience changes in your body which cause you to be extremely attracted to certain basses and or gear..
  5. Welcome in the Bass world, hope you'll appreciate it!
    And congrats for the bass, I heard good things about it.

6. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Welcome to the magical world of the Electric Bass Guitar!
    Well done with the Godin, I have not played that particular bass, but other Godins I have played have been very good quality instruments.

Good choice taking lessons. Taking lessons will help keep you from developing bad technique and will make you a much better player than you might otherwise become. Stick with it!