Just bought my first bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DBeall, Jun 15, 2002.

1. DBeall

May 10, 2002
    Vancouver, Wa
    I've been playing on a rented Peavey Milestone IV for the past month, so the other day i went out and bought myself a Fender Jazz MIM...I'm pleased with it. Has the sunburst paint scheme on it. I bought a Crate BX25 along with it. I needed something portable yet could play decent when I head off to college...:D
  2. Congrats! That sounds very similar to my first rig, a sunburst MIM Jazz and a Carvin PB100-10 combo.
  3. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    yes congrats indeed. a good way to start bass is having a decent one :). Hope it brings you alot of happiness as mine do :)
  4. alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    Ah yes a Jazz MIM is a wonderful way to start off. Believe me starting on a crappy no name bass is very discouraging. Good luck with the bass.
  5. I did the same as you man, started on a Peavey piece of garbage and moved up to the MIM that I love!! Did u go for 4 or 5 string?
  6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Good call, man. Don't ever sell it.
  7. DBeall

May 10, 2002
    Vancouver, Wa
    I bought a 4 string.

Wait till I get it down pat, then I'll worry about more strings...

I figure in a year or so, or whenever I get GAS, I'm gonna go pickup a decent accoustic/electric....
  8. RyKnoz

Dec 22, 2001
    aww man. How come I couldn't get that as my first bass?...:D
  9. steve-o

steve-o Guest

Apr 17, 2002
    in a year! i have attacks ever hour!!!
    man you are lucky! i guess.
    it is like they the ulcer is the richmans deasese
    i don't know why i said this. why do they say that?

10. Yeah man. Dont ever sell that thing! It will always be a reliable back-up bass, or you can be like me. I uses my MIM Jazz Deluxe 5 string as my main bass. A few alterations to it and it will sounds and play really well, if thats the way you wanna go.
    Mine has no alterations, but thats cos mine is one of the decent ones. It plays and sounds better than any MIA Deluxe that i have played so far.
  11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Good luck, and keep playing no matter what. I didn't even have an amp until two months after I started.
  12. td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    Is it a newer one with the alder body and pickup routes that match the MIA? Regardless it a solid bass that will make a great backup when/ if you decide to move up.