Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

just bought my JOE FRANK tickets!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by frederic b. hodshon, May 15, 2003.

1. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    whoo hoo!

i've listened to this guy for YEARS on the radio.

never got the chance to see him live.

this friday in southern calif!!!

yeeeeeeeha!

f

2. This guy is the best! I just discovered him a few months ago.

Fhodshon, is he a psychologist? He gets into some deep stuff. To those who have never heard of him, this is how a typical show unfolds: he puts on a recording of his girlfriend drunk and crying about how sad her life is, then he talks on the phone with one of his friends who's always talking about drinking Scotch, but, he's not an alcoholic, then you hear this same guy yelling at his teenage son, then you hear him talking to other friends of his who just got back from a Halloween party, then he has this Buddist teacher come on and talk about becoming enlightened, then you hear another friend talking about the years he spent living in flea-bag hotels. I remember on one show, a woman was talking about how she took off her clothes and hopped into bed with her boyfriend while he was in the hospital and a nurse walked in on them while they were getting busy. :cool:

The show is all over the road, but, he weaves it together so masterfully. Everyone should listen to at least one of his shows just to check their sanity.

Here's a link to find out when he's on in your area.
    www.joefrank.com

I found a Joe Frank fan - YAY! :D

Enjoy, Fhodshon. Let me know how it goes.

Mike

3. frederic b. hodshon

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i've been listening to JF since the mid 80's.

his early stuff consisted of monologues with really cool music beds.

lots of brian eno, jon hassell, etc...

i'll give a report!!!

man, i can't believe i finally get to see him live!

f

4. frederic b. hodshon

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.