1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

just bought the GK FUSION 550!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wnelson, Sep 15, 2008.

1. wnelson

wnelson

Aug 15, 2007
    dallas,tx
    i upgraded from my bl600.....and it has been the best gear purchase ive made in years...
    overall tone is amazing...i play multiple styles including rock,funk,jazz...and so far this amps compliments them all....and when you boost your mids the gk growl rips on through...
    the motorized knobs are really cool...that was one worry,and the owner manual didnt mention them:eyebrow:
    but it was cake to figure out....it just memorizes your settings between channels.....the knobs themselves were smooth to turn....another concern......the mute switch on the pedal is as handy as the tuner out....it makes my bass switching a bit faster....the fx loop on the back panel will come in great if i decide to to add another amp providing a overdrive channel and run both....i have bi-amping on my gk cab but i need to get a speak-on to speak-on cable to use it...should be by this weekend.....the deep/bright settings really tighten the final sound....and thats where this amp really shines....tone!!!...everyone in the band loved how clean every note was....the sound was so natural....it almost made me cry:crying:
    lol....anyway,ive only gotten to play with it for 5 hours,so i will post more as the i play with all the clicks and whistles.....and this puppy gets loud....even with both my cabs at 8ohms....it still pushes alot of power.....

Attached Files:

2. Wnelson, any additional comments? I'm seriously thinking of picking one of these up. Gonna go try one out in stockton in a few weeks.

3. mrniceguy715

mrniceguy715

May 2, 2006
    oklahoma
    Congrats. I hope to by another soon. Unexpected bills suck! Lol

4. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    That amp deserves a better pic:smug: