1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just bought the Source Audio Programmable EQ

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, Jul 31, 2012.

1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Should have it in a week or so. Seems exactly what I want as I can shape my 'main' tone, love the 125hz, yet still have my pick style tone at the push of a button. Plus 2 other settings. I may use one for ballads and one for face-melting rock.

I have used some pedals in the past such as the VT Bass and Sansamp paradriver, but I am not really much of an effects guy. It will be my pitchblack tuner and this Source Audio Programmable EQ on what you might call a micro pedal board and that's all I need.

As I 'not-so-patiently' wait for this thing to arrive, anyone have one? What do you think of it? I just hope its not noisy or induce hum.

2. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    can't wait to hear what you think of it.....I've been debating getting one of these too and getting rid of my other pedals...not much of a pedal person either....

3. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Yeah, I think it will be good for my limited needs. It was $150 from Steve's Music in Montreal and actually there is a dealer in Surrey that carries them too but none in stock currently.

Here is a pretty informative vid on it... specifically for bass: