1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just broke a large chunk of swamp ash off my G&L M2500

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by BackonBass13, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Help! My bass fell out of the gigbag and broke about a golfball sized piece of lumber out of the body. Bass still plays fine. Should I glue the piece back in or repair it in another way? Help!

2. Pics?

3. MPU

MPU

Sep 21, 2004
    Valkeala Finland
    If you have the piece and it fits back nicely why would you fix it with something else than the piece itself?

4. Andii Syckz

Andii Syckz

Jan 2, 2011
    Montreal
    Same happened to my epiphone thunderbird. Pretty bad, glued the piece back and for extra re-inforcement, my uncle decided to screw in a thick piece of plastic on the backside so that the two pieces would glue together perfectly. It's not the perfect job, but it's my bass and it still plays fine and well. Pictures will help us determine what you could do. I'd say, just glue the piece back and clamp it for a few days to let the glue dry. Or another solution would be to pierce both the body and the broken piece and install dowels into the body and then putting the piece back on and letting that dry for a few days.

5. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Did it break along the grain or did it just chunk out? Pics would be most helpful.