1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just built myself this bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stefandisgust, Dec 10, 2006.

1. stefandisgust

stefandisgust

May 28, 2006
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Spector Basses-New Artist
    Sorry about the pics.I took them really fast.
    The neck is a mighty Mite neck. THe body is from a Fender fretless 70 reissue thing.BAssline pups.Sound nice.How do you guys think I did.Its my first project.

DSC00015.

DSC00014.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Very nice.

3. -Kramer-

-Kramer-

Dec 9, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Looks great, but with a parts project like this, it is all about how it plays, so you tell us how you did.

4. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Thats really cool, it looks like the bass Jaco used on his instructional tape! I dig!

5. stefandisgust

stefandisgust

May 28, 2006
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Thanks for the compliments guys i have the cover for the neck pup but wasent sure.:meh: what do you guys think?I think it plays really well actuly.Neck was like 90 bucks or so. Thinking about a new bridge

6. bassman10096

bassman10096 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    MKE
    Nice job. A lot of Mighty Mite necks play beautifully. Fun, isn't it, building a bass where there once was none? Which Basslines pu's did you use?

7. Thinkarogadum

Thinkarogadum

Jun 11, 2006
    NE OH
    I'd hit that with some guitar polish and shine it up real good. I think a vintage tint on the neck would look amazing, but the regular maple is still cool. You don't usually see maple with sunburst & tort, it's usually rosewood, which makes it even cooler.

8. very nice, not 2 shabby. maple freboard's not my thing, but NICE JOB

9. intregus

intregus

Dec 4, 2006
    all you need is a logo for the head... it's a nice look.

10. stefandisgust

stefandisgust

May 28, 2006
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Its actuly my first maple neck to.It just seems everytime I wanted one,the bass it was on was too expensive.A logo would be nice but for some reason I dont want Fender on it.:smug:
    It plays great Ill find a place to put some clips on.I figured at 16 years old I did alright for seeing all these older guys making nice looking instroments on here.Thanks alot.Oh as for the bassline im not what they are but Ill check the boxes they came in.They were like $60 each

11. Pennydreadful

Pennydreadful Goin out West

Jun 13, 2005
    Arlington, Texas
    Excellent job, man. I've wanted to build/assemble a parts bass for a long time, but I've never gotten around to it, because all the parts I seem to want add up to...'hell, I should just buy a damn bass'.

12. jazzbo58

jazzbo58 Bassist for My Man Godbey

Apr 21, 2001
    New Orleans, LA USA
    Nice job! I too would like to find the time tot try this. Congrats on a sweet looking bass!

Cheers,
    Jim

13. stefandisgust

stefandisgust

May 28, 2006
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Well the thing sounds great and feels really nice.Its my first Fender(ish) bass. The next question for you kind people is whether you think the bass would look ok with the bridge pup chrome cover i took off back on.I also put the thumb rest back on.

14. StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Nov 6, 2005
    Looks great! Yes, a custom logo would be the finishing touch.

15. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Nice! Im liking those pickups :)