1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

just called my local store they have a fender JAZZ fretless,,anything?? ,,,

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by safeshow, Sep 14, 2010.

1. safeshow

safeshow

Aug 31, 2010
    The local guitar center has a used american jazz fretless,,,they said it is in great condition....

anything I should ask or any thoughts on what to look for before I go out there,,,,,

it is $850

thanks rich

2. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Seems like an OK deal, but nothing to rush over there for.

Are you new to fretless? I'd assume you're an experienced fretless player if you're going to drop almost a grand on it...and in that price range, there are probably better deals to be had.

My Squier VM fretless does the job just perfectly, but I'm not fretless player. Just keep it around for studio stuff and jams, and it only cost me $150 used.

3. Look it over really well. Make sure the neck doesn't have any dips in it and the electronics are all functioning properly.

"Great condition" to GC means that the neck is still attached to the body. Your definition will probably be different.

4. safeshow

safeshow

Aug 31, 2010
    first time fretless buyer an player,,,,I do prefer getting a better top of the line piece,,,,,good name, better resale value if ever I was to sell it down the road,,,,

5. safeshow

safeshow

Aug 31, 2010
    I don't no for sure but it does seem like a pretty good deal,,,,I was hoping to get it for like 800,,,,,they sell new for like 1250

6. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Do yourself a favor, and save yourself the dough - snag a VM Fretless Squier (used if you can), and if you decide fretless isn't for you, you won't lose much, if anything, on the deal...

At least PLAY the Squier VM and the MIA Fender back to back first (GC should have them both), and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the quality of the new Squier stuff.

You could take a couple hundred dollar hit in this economy if you buy that MIA for $850 and decide fretless isn't your thing.

But then again, if you have the money to toss around, more power to you.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 6, 2021