Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just curious. MM or Fender Jazz or P

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lakerkobe, Jul 13, 2002.

1. MM Sterling

7 vote(s)
    13.0%
  2. MM Stingray

18 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. Fender USA Jazz

19 vote(s)
    35.2%
  4. Fender USA P Bass

10 vote(s)
    18.5%
  1. lakerkobe

lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Just curious what your opinions are. If you had one bass and the choices were one of 4... MM Sterling or Stingray or Fender Jazz or Precision, which would you take?

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    too easy for me: Precision!

3. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
    I would have to take the sterling!

4. Thats a easy one for me because I have all of them except the Sterling....So then I would have to go with the Sterling then:D they are all good!....Do you like Jazz width necks or p-bass necks??,, that would narrow it down to two basses? Then do you prefer active over passive.?????.. gotta go gotta go gotta go...........good luck...

5. You could never have just one bass!!!!!!!!! But really if I was held at gun point and had to choose one of these 4, it would be the FENDER JAZZ ...please don't shoot me now!!!!....

6. I voted for the Stingray, but like someone else said, I have all but the Sterling. Just like the sound of that Stingray a lot.

jtbp

7. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

If I had to own only one bass, it would have to be a Jazz.

8. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    stingray 5! but my practical side says jazz. but my BITCHIN BASS SIDE says STINGRAY5!

9. just one? jazz, no contest. just two? stingray and a P.

10. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Buncha Pya haters in the hiz-ouse. :D

Man, Maybe I'me dense, but I like P's so much. If I had to choose between a Jazz and a P, the P'd win hands down, fretted or fretless.

All this talk about "J's on Steroids!"...where is the P on steroids? Are us P players a dying breed or something?

11. DanGouge

DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Canada!
    I like all of the basses mentioned but the fact is that I own a Jazz Bass and none of the others. So I've already voted J with my pocketbook.

12. BassDom

BassDom

Dec 1, 2001
    Brantford
    Jazz of course, only because I own a vintage 1973 model

13. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Stingray, you can't beat active punch

14. stingray. with a p very close behind

15. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Well.. i dig the ray.. so thats what I voted for.. but if you are looking for more tonal possibilities, the Jazz would be a good choice also

16. trane

trane

Jun 3, 2002
    Tokyo, Japan
    Life without a Jazz isn't life.

17. lakerkobe

lakerkobe

Jun 17, 2002
    Portland, OR
    Put in a bid on a black USA Jazz on eBay... black in mint condition with a case... bid 500 bucks not expecting that to be the high bid... but alas... it was. Coooooool.

18. Stingray, biatch. ;)