1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just curious...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jobu3, Sep 25, 2008.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    What happens when you get banned?

Do you get a PM or an email saying you're banned?

Can you still sign in?

Does TB get blocked altogether from your screen until you clear your cookies or go to a different computer?

I'm not saying I should be banned to find out but there are enough people here who get temp. banned on a regular basis who could perhaps share their experience and shed some light for those of us have not yet crossed enough lines to get there.

2. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    Well... having been banned from a different forum site a couple years back (I deserved it... egged it on... pushed every red button I could find at that place) I can say that you would get an email saying "you have been banned..." for such and such a reason and it might have a time limit on the ban (after my year bannishment from that other forum I went back and got permanently banned with only one post.)

But... I can only guess at the process in TBLand...

:)

3. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    May the ban hammer claim another.

BanHammer.

4. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    You are flung into the pit of agony where you are tormented by Celine Dionne singing along to the strains of 10,000 bagpies for all eternity.

5. Why guess? I say you challege Turner to a mullet-off and question his judgment publicly. Then get back to us in a week and let us know how it works.
    Mike

6. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    Not if it's only a temporary ban. ;)

I was a mod at a differnet site's bass forum and I banned myself when I got fed up with all the BS.

7. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI

I have no idea and don't want to find out. Celine Dionne gives me the willies!

8. TallLankyBastyd

TallLankyBastyd

Jan 31, 2007
    Seattle
    :D

No Thanks... I like it here in TBLand... my experience with the mods here has been a good one... even when I'm NOT trying to get in trouble and still manage to screw up some how... they're pretty nice about setting me straight.

9. When you sign in you get a screen saying you have been banned until whenever.

Not that Id know :p

10. L-A

L-A

Jul 17, 2008
    Eh?
    I remember seeing a screenshot of something like this. Mind you, my perfect enactment of a morally apt person prevents me from seeing such things in person.

11. DudeistMonk

DudeistMonk

Apr 13, 2008
    Newark, NJ
    Horray for MTG! I love that game. Favorite color?