1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just dove head first into looping.....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Geddyfleaharris, Apr 11, 2009.

1. And bought a Boss RC50 today. Probably way beyond what I really need but after trying out a Hardwire Delay/Looper (really cool pedal actually) I realized that I wanted more looping.

I traded off a M-Audio recording preamp that I couldn't sell. In the deal I got a Boss LS-2 line selector and the RC50 for my preamp and the cash it would have taken to buy the RC20-XL or a JamMan. My motto is usually go big or go home so big it is!. Wth lol. The preamp would have just gathered dust for who knows how long. At least the RC50 gives me something useable and something to learn.

See you in a couple of weeks. :)

2. fightthepower

fightthepower

Jan 7, 2008
    San Diego
    If it could midi slave it would be damn near perfect for me needs. Aside from that, great pedal and a great learning tool. I'd been playing bass for a little over a year when I got the rc-50, my first pedal, and it had me instantly writing songs (not great ones but still) and practicing for much longer periods than I ever had.

Now I'm letting the keyboardist/guitarist use it sycn'd to the microkorg and my computer running ableton with beats. He can layer pads and synced arp'd stuff and then play leads or do guitar stuff on top all while it loops perfectly without having to stomp each loop perfectly in time.

It took me a little while to really figure out the ins&outs of the pedal, but it's a great tool and I think you'll dig it :cool: