Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just finished my new bass.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 88tuner, Mar 20, 2004.

1. Here are some pictures of my new lined fretless 6 string bass. Bubinga, Jarrah(fingerboard), Spalted Sycamore and maple. Bartolini pickups. Carvin active/passive electronics with eq.

Pictures of the build

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    WOW!!!! That's pretty awesome!!!!

The only thing that dosen't look 'right' is the control layout. The knobs look toooo close together.

Nice work!!!

3. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    :eek: very nice ! enjoy it! do you have a sound sample of it? :hyper:

4. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    Good looking axe. And unique too, which is always refreshing.

5. Thanks. I really like this one. It's going to a guy in Japan. Here's a better picture.

[​IMG]

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    It almost looks *squints* ... intentional.

;)

Not bad. I like the shape.

7. Matt R Miller

Matt R Miller

Apr 27, 2003
    Wisconsin
    im not sure how much id like that upper section while im playing, but it still looks great

8. I have an old camera. That's as good as it gets. Follow my web page link. There might be better pictures there.

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, it's quite a step up from the one in your avatar, aesthetically speaking. IMO, anyway.

10. The one your talking about is the one I play every week. It get's more attention from the croud than you would imagine. It has a very high public approval rating. It's not your everyday bass and I think that's why people seem to like it.

[​IMG]

11. i agree, i much prefer you new bass over that, tho it is quite interesting. nice work on the new bass tho, looks awesome.