1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just fitted Bill Lawrence (Wilde) P46 to my Fury. ....Oh BOY!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Doctor Hugocat, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Just had to share this......I needed a little more punch in my Peavey Fury: I love the bass and would never sell it, but it needed more 'weight.' So I did a bunch of research and bought a Wilde P46.

Oh WOW, this is a good PUP. I installed a series/parallel switch (a previous owner had already put a switch hole in the pickguard) and that was well worth the effort: clean and crisp in parallel, and 'blow away the walls' in series. Bill, you were a genius.:bassist::bassist:

Attached Files:

2. MarkA

MarkA In the doghouse. Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2008
    If you haven't seen the thread dedicated to this pickup, you should take a look. A lot of love for it here. I myself have one (and the series/parallel switch) in a fretless P-bass and I like it a lot. Strong output and sensitive to the nuances of your playing.

3. cnltb

cnltb

May 28, 2005
    Yupp...some good people come from Cologne! :)

4. Boot Soul

Boot Soul

Feb 10, 2009
    Is a standard P pickup wired series or parallel? I never thought about it before.

5. MarkA

MarkA In the doghouse. Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Series for most passive pickups. Parallel for EMGs (which are active -- don't know about other active pickups).

6. Thanks, I did find it and read all 50-odd pages before I bought the PUP! It was amazingly useful and I recommend it to anyone thinking of doing this. Thanks!! :)

It's The Groove likes this.