Just flung...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Psychobiker, Aug 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howdy!

In my attempts to fling my bass around me (Like Tobin Esperance) I succeeded in making a few rather large dents in my beloved $1000 Ibanez BTB405!
    Injured my collarbone the first two times coz the strap wasnt long enuf! Tried it with looser strap and WHEEE! off it plunged into a gravel driveway (drummers house). Many furious and shouted explatives spewed forth from my mouth, followed then by fits of laughter from me, the drummer and guitarist.

Useless info, really.
  2. (posh english voice=on)
    (posh english voice=off)
  3. Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    If the bass is so beloved then why are you swinging it around? :D
  4. bizzaro

Aug 21, 2000
    Hey, it already has damage. May I suggest the ultimate spectacle;)

At your next gig raise it way up over you head and swing down with all your might like an axe, crashing it down on the floor and busting it to smitherines:eek: Do this repeatedly until it is destroyed:p ......... And the crowd goes WILD:D

AWESOME DUDE!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
  5. how many faces will you use bizaro :D
  6. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    i did that too at a show. I was drunk, but the strap ripped, how the heck does that happen, drunk or not. I still cant do it real well. I did the same thing u did but the headstock went right into the carpet. It was ok thank god but ive been real careful when trying that lately.
  7. Punk_311

Punk_311 Guest

Aug 4, 2001
    Electric Ladyland
    A friend of mine tried that with a squier p-bass without straplocks :eek: it flew off right into the driveway and the paint coat on it chipped off like a giant M+M

does anyone know how to do that without hurting yourself or the bass?
  8. Lol, that kind of thing take's skill and bravery.
    I have not yet done this.
  9. Get straplocks, duh.
  10. Lol, so simple STRAPLOCKS!
    If you haven't heard of them then sorry for my general rudeness.
  11. what the hell? why is everyone trying this in a DRIVEWAY? go to a carpeted surface, at least.
  12. Punk_311

Punk_311 Guest

Aug 4, 2001
    Electric Ladyland
    Wouldnt you think i know what they are if i used that word in my first post???:mad::mad: I meant to say does anyone have a throwing technique so it the headstock doesnt fly around and hit you in your back? Basses can still hurt you when the strap locks are on...

no more posting for u n00b!:mad:
  13. Don't sweat it dude....
    It's only an Ibanez......
  14. BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida

15. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    Get straploks
    Say it with me: STRAP-LOK.
  16. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    ok, thread is going nowhere (and got reported) so im closing this down...

oh and Punk_311: your "IM ABOUT TO BREAK" attitude is not welcome here...

so zip it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.